• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What AFL team do you support?

What AFL team do you support

• Total voters

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
None. Especially hated it when the Lions were winning premierships. Took up too much space on the back pages.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, I don't think any side has ever had so much pain in such a little period of time as Geelong had in 89-95. One of the reasons I'm happy for their current dominance, their fans deserve it.
You reckon losing GFs is more 'painful' then your team being constantly mediocre to **** and never making finals?

pasag

RTDAS
You reckon losing GFs is more 'painful' then your team being constantly mediocre to **** and never making finals?
Can't expect you to ever understand the feeling though :p It's different sorts of pain but yeah, losing 4 grand finals in 7 years would probably be worse then the five or six years at the bottom we endured at Carlton.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I went through 4 grand final losses with the Dragons and they all hurt far more than having a bottom feeding side. At least with a ****e team exectations are so low that I ended u enjoying any iota of success achieved a lot more.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I went through 4 grand final losses with the Dragons and they all hurt far more than having a bottom feeding side. At least with a ****e team exectations are so low that I ended u enjoying any iota of success achieved a lot more.
Exactly. Especially as a young tacker where all you cared about was footy, was heart wrenching to say the least.

Remember leaving the '95 GF just before half time when we were already 10 goals down, so that Dad could go to the pub. Told me that he'd never see a Geelong premiership, was doomed.

Josh

International Regular
Who, who, who are we?
We are the boys from the MCG
R-I-C-H-M-O-N-D

What do we do?
EAT 'EM ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!

Craig

World Traveller
I suppose the Lions, if you pointed a loaded gun to my head and said "name an AFL team you support", then they would be it. But I'm not a big AFL fan though yet. Still going through the novice stages of it, trying to understand the rules, positions, tactics and the players.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I miss Slow Love :(

And surely, as he's from Melbourne, he's not a Crows fan. Surely.

Craig

World Traveller
I know Collingwood fans are considered bogan hicks, but which team's supporters are right up there in the bogan list? In my experience, North Melbourne surely.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I know Collingwood fans are considered bogan hicks, but which team's supporters are right up there in the bogan list? In my experience, North Melbourne surely.
GAGFC

in my experience the interstate teams are the worst...certainly its pretty bad over here in Perth and when i went to watch Brisbane-St Kilda at the gabba last year the Brisbane fans are pretty bad. Heard bad things about both Adelaide teams as well.

In Victoria Geelong has a pretty bad rep, but that's a Geelong in general thing as well.