• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NBA 07-08 season thread

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
yeah they are torn between worshipping him and being angry with him for wanting out of l.a...with no real changes in personnel other than adding on an aging fisher, not sure where the organization thinks it's going...unless their youngsters start playing spectacularly better, this will be a disaster for a proud franchise...
This is clearly NBA's worst decade in terms of new talents coming out of college/Draft, if the Lakers lose Kobe, they are going to suffer for a while.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Rumours goin round that he'll be traded to the bulls for Tyrus Thomas+Ben Gordan.
thomas + gordon <<< bryant...i doubt whether l.a will go for such a trade, they would need atleast another starter(or a strong reserve) + a couple of draft picks or something...in any case, the trade talks are dead for now and kobe is making an effort to gel well with the team he criticized...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha Gilbert, what a legend.

Cavs getting a hiding from the Nuggest atm, it seem form the boxscore that LBJ is the only one of the Cavs to have turned up. I guess the fact that Iversen is dominating doesn't help either...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
thomas + gordon <<< bryant...i doubt whether l.a will go for such a trade, they would need atleast another starter(or a strong reserve) + a couple of draft picks or something...in any case, the trade talks are dead for now and kobe is making an effort to gel well with the team he criticized...
Heard on ESPN today, Phil Jackson said that Kobe's situation was similar to Paul Pierce's situation in Boston, PP chose to remain quiet, Kobe didn't.

He also said that Lakers tried to do what Boston did, but that didn't work out and now there are going in a different direction than what Kobe wants i.e. Lakers are not going to bring any big time player, they are going to rebuild and probably trade Kobe. If they dont trade him now, he will go anyway in 2009 after making about 100 mil in 5 years.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Haha Gilbert, what a legend.

Cavs getting a hiding from the Nuggest atm, it seem form the boxscore that LBJ is the only one of the Cavs to have turned up. I guess the fact that Iversen is dominating doesn't help either...
yeah the cavs haven't been too hot to start with....i will be very surprised if they go deep into the playoffs this year having made no roster changes of any note to support james...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Heard on ESPN today, Phil Jackson said that Kobe's situation was similar to Paul Pierce's situation in Boston, PP chose to remain quiet, Kobe didn't.

He also said that Lakers tried to do what Boston did, but that didn't work out and now there are going in a different direction than what Kobe wants i.e. Lakers are not going to bring any big time player, they are going to rebuild and probably trade Kobe. If they dont trade him now, he will go anyway in 2009 after making about 100 mil in 5 years.
will he have the patience to hold on till 2009 if the team goes nowhere as it is now? it is a ludicrous amount of money and should help assuage the "pain" of not being a contender but he is probably more worried about his place in nba history at this point...

Johnners

yeah the cavs haven't been too hot to start with....i will be very surprised if they go deep into the playoffs this year having made no roster changes of any note to support james...
Have to say I'd agree, also not having Varejao coming off the bench has to be hurting them imo. The fact that LBJ had a triple double (39, 13, 14) and they STILL lost to the Magic yesterday highlights their need for another scorer.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
will he have the patience to hold on till 2009 if the team goes nowhere as it is now? it is a ludicrous amount of money and should help assuage the "pain" of not being a contender but he is probably more worried about his place in nba history at this point...
Well he cant have it both ways. Chicago (reportedly) had the deal with Lakers but he seems to have blocked the deal i.e. he doesn't want LA to get the best players from the team he is going to because then that team wouldn't be strong enough for him to walk in and be the final piece of the Championship puzzle.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well he cant have it both ways. Chicago (reportedly) had the deal with Lakers but he seems to have blocked the deal i.e. he doesn't want LA to get the best players from the team he is going to because then that team wouldn't be strong enough for him to walk in and be the final piece of the Championship puzzle.
well catch-22 for him if that's true....

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the knicks are without doubt the worst organization in the nba right now, they have a mediocre coach and a rabble of overpaid and overrated players...

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
stephon marbury has got to be the biggest disgrace in the nba and although randolph is putting up good numbers he doesnt seem to be helping them win

Johnners

*sigh* wish I could see more NBA games. Would have loved to have seen the Cavs/Raptors game (wonder where Turb is...), as well as Bucks/Lakers. LeBron is having a great start to the season it seems, leading the points scoring, and already has 4 triple-doubles. Great to see Bogut & the Bucks in some good form of late as well.

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
Dwight Howard is really living up to the potential and if he continues to improve he will be an amazing player (even more so than he currently is) see San Antonio blowing Seattle out of the water in the 2nd half atm, anyone else picking them for a repeat?

Mister Wright

*sigh* wish I could see more NBA games. Would have loved to have seen the Cavs/Raptors game (wonder where Turb is...), as well as Bucks/Lakers. LeBron is having a great start to the season it seems, leading the points scoring, and already has 4 triple-doubles. Great to see Bogut & the Bucks in some good form of late as well.
Yeah, Bucks are on a real good roll at the moment and Bogut has a lot to do with that. They've won their last 5 and are 5-0 at home. Was a close game against the Mavs in their last match. Was following it on the live box score, and it was pretty tense.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah james alone is keeping the cavs afloat with hughes out to injury, varejao not getting signed up...has been incredible so far this year...

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Dwight Howard is really living up to the potential and if he continues to improve he will be an amazing player (even more so than he currently is) see San Antonio blowing Seattle out of the water in the 2nd half atm, anyone else picking them for a repeat?
San Antonio are the best playoff team in the league, but they have match-up problems with Dallas. If they avoid Dallas like they did last season, I think they'll repeat. Not that Dallas seem too into it this season.