• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tell us your brushes with sporting fame

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Since when have Elton John and Liz Hurley been famous sports people? :p
Elton John used to be the chairman of Watford FC, to be fair. Even had his own chant:

"You'd better sit down when Elton's around or you'll get a **** up your arse."

It's funnier when it's chanted by 15,000 people.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Elton John used to be the chairman of Watford FC, to be fair. Even had his own chant:

"You'd better sit down when Elton's around or you'll get a **** up your arse."

It's funnier when it's chanted by 15,000 people.
Dad has often informed me of the dirty chants that some of these club supporters have come up with over the years, but I must say that this was one I'd never heard before.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Dad has often informed me of the dirty chants that some of these club supporters have come up with over the years, but I must say that this was one I'd never heard before.
Sir Elt's actually a pretty good sport about it. There was a largely rubbish documentary shown over here a couple of years back called "Victoria's Secrets" where the former Posh Spice "interviews" her sleb mates & when she moaned to Elt about football fans chanting about where she takes it, he related that very chant.

Johnners

Said G'day to Chris Latham at the Brisbane Motorshow this year. I was sitting in a car on the BMW stand, he hopped in the passenger seat, so i asked him when he'd be back playing for the Wallabies, to which he replied "don't know mate, hopefully before the world cup". Guess he was wrong

EDIT: Just remembered, i also had a chat with Alex Yoong, (used to drive an F1 car, now in the A1 Series because he's crap) at the motor show. He had his A1 GP car on display, asked him what he thought of Mark Webbers chances this season, he thought he'd be in the points more often than not, guess he was wrong as well.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

I served Andrew Symonds when I was working at Subway. He was with Ryan Campbell.

I walked past Leroy Loggins at Garden City shopping centre many years ago.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Warrick Irwin, who played for Fitzroy and Collingwood in the 70's (i think), is senior school co-ordinator at my school.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saw Michael Milton the other day too, not many people will know who he is but anyway, worth a mention...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
- Went to school with Adam Cuthbertson (plays 1st Grade for Manly) we were in the same grade and Nathan Hegde (pro Surfer), i caught the bus with him back when i was in Year 7. I doubt he would remember in.
- Bowled in the nets to Matthew Phelps (former NSW state cricketer)
- Worked with Travis Burns, Nathan Tutt, Mark Bryant current and former Manly 1st graders

speirz

State Vice-Captain
Quit Subway today tbh.

Entire Wallabies squad came in around the start of the year though..............but we had no bread left