• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is football controled by money?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
At the highest level, well durrrr. However I personally like to think the soul of football is still in the hands of the fans. It's more apparent in the lower leagues where clubs are often kept alive by the efforts (and quite often money) of a few committed individuals. I think when you plight your troth to a lower/non league side success is always going to be relative and the most important success is just having a team to support.

It's why I always say fair play to the AFC Wimbledon fans who stood up for the little guy against soulless corporatism. Sadly I heard they'd been docked quite a lot of points for fielding an ineligible player recently though.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
It's why I always say fair play to the AFC Wimbledon fans who stood up for the little guy against soulless corporatism. Sadly I heard they'd been docked quite a lot of points for fielding an ineligible player recently though.
They got kicked out of some cup, when they were in the final I think, ridiculous. The bloke was ineligible because his contract had expired by something like 3 weeks.........

Barney Rubble

International Coach
At the highest level, well durrrr. However I personally like to think the soul of football is still in the hands of the fans. It's more apparent in the lower leagues where clubs are often kept alive by the efforts (and quite often money) of a few committed individuals. I think when you plight your troth to a lower/non league side success is always going to be relative and the most important success is just having a team to support.

Dead right, mixed metaphor not withstanding. :p

I defy anyone to visit Fratton Park on matchday and claim the fans aren't the ones running the place.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
They got kicked out of some cup, when they were in the final I think, ridiculous. The bloke was ineligible because his contract had expired by something like 3 weeks.........
Hence they fielded an ineligble player.

Rules are rules.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Dead right, mixed metaphor not withstanding. :p

I defy anyone to visit Fratton Park on matchday and claim the fans aren't the ones running the place.
That is worrying, be hard pressed finding more inbred fans in the country.

Problem in Italy extends from the fans have to much control, why can't the fans just be as obedient to their club as their are to their governments. Pay your ticket, buy the Khalid Boulahrouz shirt and then shut the **** up, right?

8-)