• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2007 NRL Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
naa one game on friday is enough, Monday meh, take it or leave it...
Think about it though, 9.20 on Saturday and the footy is over, even though a 9.20 game is on delay and its more than likely Souths or Tigers or some other crap team its still good to watch...

Simon

Isn't one of the Friday night games on Fox?

Also interesting to see Manly get Saturday Night home game first up, i think this might be the 3rd year in a row. I wish they just give us all Sunday matches.
naa C9 tried to offload one of the friday games to fox in exchange for the monday night match but it didnt happen...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Isn't one of the Friday night games on Fox?

Also interesting to see Manly get Saturday Night home game first up, i think this might be the 3rd year in a row. I wish they just give us all Sunday matches.
Im not sure what the go was with the 2nd Friday Night game... I think 9 still have both of them..

naa one game on friday is enough, Monday meh, take it or leave it...
Think about it though, 9.20 on Saturday and the footy is over, even though a 9.20 game is on delay and its more than likely Souths or Tigers or some other crap team its still good to watch...
I love the Monday night games.. Nothing better then coming home after work, with a few beers and watching Monday Night footy instead of some stupid soapie crap...

Simon

i think the crowds will be poor though, for a team like the roosters who only average about 12,000 as it is, their monday night crowd will be a fair bit worse i think, i really dont believe people will go to games on Mondays if its out of their way. terrible crowds will look bad for the game and im sure the players wont enjoying playing in front of 5,000 people in a 40,000 seat stadium...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think Monday Night Football is just made for a TV ratings, i doubt many people will actually go to the games. Its not really for the family crowd like Sundays. You can't really go to start off your night before you go to the city or something like Fridays and Saturdays. The only people that i can see go to the games are die hard fans, who would travel to like away games. I think some clubs will be lucky to get 5000, but i hope im wrong. It does work in the US with the NFL.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
not happy with some of these 2 games saturdays though, Super Saturday is the reason i live, they really cant do this to me...
Totally agree there.

Isn't fox showing more replay stuff than Live games this season? or have i heard something totally wicked?

Simon

That was when you said the Tigers couldnt win the premiership right?? :p :p
naa that was different, I said Tigers weren't good enough to win the comp, I still say im right on that one, the thing was the other 14 sides were "less good enough" to win the comp...

Simon

Also, are we really calling NZ the Vodafone Warriors now? Surely the NRL doesn't allow sponsorships in a clubs name...

Blaze

Banned
Also, are we really calling NZ the Vodafone Warriors now? Surely the NRL doesn't allow sponsorships in a clubs name...

don't know what's going on there. They aren't actually called 'New Zealand' either. That was just a marketing campaign back in 02/03 when the Warriors were on fire to try and get people from all over the country to jump on the bandwaggon...

Anyway, not the best of starts for us.

Eels (h)
Broncos (h)
Storm (a) 12pm? Seriously?
Sea Eagles (a)
Cowboys (h)

The Eels have been our bogey team for the last few years so that will be a tough one...
Broncos home will obviously be hard
Storm away will also obviously be hard
Sea Eagles away won't be easy
Cowboys home we should win, but the Cowboys seem to hit the ground running.

Then again, there aren't too many easy games in the NRL...

Realistically I think we should be targeting 3 wins from our first 5 and if we manage that we will be away and almost certainly make the 8 imo. I think we only won 3 out of our first 11 last season and that cost us a spot in the 8.

btw Simon I think the quote was - 'Tigers to go out in straight sets'

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
naa that was different, I said Tigers weren't good enough to win the comp, I still say im right on that one, the thing was the other 14 sides were "less good enough" to win the comp...
wouldnt that be the same every season??

Obviously if a team was good enough then they would win?? Otherwise they are "less good enough" :p :p

Simon

anyone else wanna have a crack at a few predictions for 2007, ill start...

Table after 25 rounds
1 Bulldogs
2 Broncos
3 Storm
4 Eels
5 Tigers
6 Cowboys
7 Manly
8 Knights
9 Sharks
10 Roosters
11 Warriors
12 Dragons
13 Raiders
14 Souths
15 Titans
16 Panthers

Premiers: Eels
Runners Up: Bulldogs
Dally M Winner: Nathan Hindmarsh
Top Try Scorer: Jarryd Hayne
Top Point Scorer: Hazem El Masri
State of Origin: Qld 3-0
State of Origin Debutants: Reni Maitua, Todd Carney, Jarryd Hayne, Ben Creagh, Ryan Hoffman, David Shillington and Matt Orford.

Other
* Karmichael Hunt to retain the Aussie #1 shirt despite Minichiello returning to the Australian team on the wing...
* Monday Night football will flop
* Souths will still be rubbish but wont come last cause the Panthers and Titans really are dire.
* Broncos to return to the bad old days and struggle after July
* Raiders to start the season well but injuries to ruin their charge to the finals
* Cowboys will be a force again and will make the prelim finals
* Benji and SBW may play a game on the same weekend

ill come up with more later.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
1 Bulldogs
2 Broncos
3 Storm
4 Warriors (Tip for the side to watch, don't know why)
5 Souths
6 Manly
7 Tigers
8 Dragons
9 Titans
10 Eels
11 Roosters
12 Knights
13 Sharks
14 Radiers
15 Panthers
16. Cowboys

Simon

Souths 5th? are you kidding or just trying to look like a genius should the impossible happen?

Simon

also Warriors could go either way for mine, potentially they could win the minor premiership just as easily as coming bottom two or three, you just never know with them...