• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why is Liverpool FC so unpopular on this forum ?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Some of us are old enough to remember them winning absolutely everything in the 80s. It still rankles.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
grecian said:
Except Manyooo fans when they have to think about Euro cup wins:laugh:
Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa have European trophies whil Chelsea and Arsenal have none so that releives some of the pain.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Because they're essentially a one-man side, they're packed full of inferior quality foreign signings, they always seem to score jammy goals at crucial times in big games but then fail to beat some very poor teams, they managed to change the rules of a major competition to allow them to play it it, etc etc etc.

Of course, I'm not biased at all.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
do not be mistaken and do not be misle di follow tranmere rovers and that's in birkenhead you can keep your cathedral and you can keep your pier head we are not scousers we are from birkenhead birkenhead la la la birkenhead la la la

Even as a die-hard superwhite, it's fairly obvious that most hatred of Liverpool stems from jealousy. Brumby basically said as much, and I bet his best moment as a gunner was in early June 89 (I think it was June anyway). My Dad's a red, and that's one of his worst moments.

I know there are some on here who dislike them due to Heysel 85 though, having said that. Pedro and LE spring to mind, so I guess Derby qualified for Europe that season

techno t

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Jungle Jumbo said:
Because they're essentially a one-man side, they're packed full of inferior quality foreign signings, they always seem to score jammy goals at crucial times in big games but then fail to beat some very poor teams, they managed to change the rules of a major competition to allow them to play it it, etc etc etc.

Of course, I'm not biased at all.
change rules????????? no mate, made it revert to how it was back in the day :cool:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
techno t said:
change rules????????? no mate, made it revert to how it was back in the day
Reverting is changing, in this situation to suit their interests. The rule was unjust, but should not have been changed after Liverpool found they hadn't qualified.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The winners have always been allowed to qualify automatically in European cups before they updated the systems.

Pretty sure teams like Arsenal won the Cup Winner's Cup and then played again the next year without winning the FA Cup etc.