• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

thierry henry

International Coach
You always try not to get too carried away when young horses are dominating against their own age group, because they're all maturing and strengthening at different rates and things can suddenly look very different once they get a bit older. But jeez, it's been a while since I've been as impressed by a performance as this one yesterday.

Yeah this horse seems to be pretty good

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
My late golfing mate (whose memorial I attended just over a week ago) had a race named after him - he was a keen punter and had racing identities among his friends. It was only a mid-week meeting but what an honour.

Molehill

International Captain
Best 4 days of the Racing Calendar in England this week as the Irish invade Gloucestershire for the Cheltenham Festival. Hoping to see Constitution Hill prove himself to be the best Champion Hurdler since Istabraq today.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not really into jumps racing, but it seems like Constitution Hill and Honeysuckle treated the crowd to a pretty special day.

Molehill

International Captain
I'm not really into jumps racing, but it seems like Constitution Hill and Honeysuckle treated the crowd to a pretty special day.
Yep, Constitution Hill could be the best we've ever seen. It'll be fascinating to see what they do with him next year, they could win 4 Champion Hurdles with him or they could go fencing and he could potentially win a Gold Cup too (the double only ever done once before).

Turns out they were spot on with Honeysuckle to swerve the Champion Hurdle and run in the Mares. A great way to retire her.

_Ed_

NZ-bred horses winning all four Group Ones on the first day of The Championships at Randwick - you love to see it.

Except when you have to write multiple stories about each one, and they just keep coming in, one after the other after the other...

_Ed_

NZ-bred horses winning all four Group Ones on the first day of The Championships at Randwick - you love to see it.

Except when you have to write multiple stories about each one, and they just keep coming in, one after the other after the other...
It's happening again...

Molehill

International Captain
I've just seen the recording of Dubai Honour smashing '9 time Group 1 winner' Anamoe. Dubai Honour is a solid Group 2 horse in Europe (much like Addeybb) but he's only ever been placed once in a Group 1, and that was an end of season soft ground race that often throws up surprise results. There seems to be a huge in gulf in class in middle distance horses between the two hemispheres, one of the reasons why Winx was never really taken that seriously in this part of the world.

_Ed_

I'm not sure that's fair. Dubai Honour was seriously impressive today, but I'd argue that Anamoe underperformed - he ended up being beaten for second by Mo'unga, who he'd completely outclassed in the Chipping Norton Stakes in February.

A better guide to Anamoe's level is probably State Of Rest, who beat him by a nose in the 2021 Cox Plate (a result that arguably should have been reversed on protest). State Of Rest went on to win Group Ones at Royal Ascot and Longchamp last year.

Molehill

International Captain
I'm not sure that's fair. Dubai Honour was seriously impressive today, but I'd argue that Anamoe underperformed - he ended up being beaten for second by Mo'unga, who he'd completely outclassed in the Chipping Norton Stakes in February.

A better guide to Anamoe's level is probably State Of Rest, who beat him by a nose in the 2021 Cox Plate (a result that arguably should have been reversed on protest). State Of Rest went on to win Group Ones at Royal Ascot and Longchamp last year.
But even State Of Rest whilst a sold horse, wouldn't really be seen as top notch here. He took advantage of 2 weak Group 1's where odds on favourites underperformed. Now I get your point about Anamoe not being at his best today, but I'm not sure Dubai Honour should be winning quite like that.

Aussie sprinters on the other hand......who is the best there at the moment and are they likely to head to Europe for our summer?

_Ed_

I'd say that I Wish I Win and Giga Kick are the two best sprinters in Australia at the moment. Neither of them are likely to venture abroad this year by the sound of it, but Coolangatta is one that's being aimed at Royal Ascot. She has plenty of speed and would probably be best suited to the King's Stand.

She won the Lightning Stakes over the same distance last start, beating Nature Strip by more than two lengths. Nature Strip may not be the force he once was, but that's still good form.

Molehill

International Captain
Grand National this weekend, is there any interest in this race elsewhere in the world? FWIW I've long been thinking Vanillier was perfect for this race and at 20-1 is still a decent price. Mr Incredible is also among my e/w fancies. But if it avoids trouble, Corach Rambler is going to be very hard to beat.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Bloody (one of?) @Smudge ’s trotters just won paying $16 and I forgot to back it despite getting reminders all day
Yes, disturbingly, just one of my standardbreds (the bank was asking questions about all these "syndicate" payments during my mortgage pre-approval process).

Helped with the favourite being scratched, but she was very smart, thanks to a lovely drive from Peter Ferguson.

_Ed_

Yeah, I spotted the illustrious group of owners in the form guide shortly after the race. Wish I'd noticed before and put on a bet!

But congrats anyway. Very nice win, and hopefully a fair bit more in store.