• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite sport? (Cricket excluded)

Favourite sport?

• Football (Soccer)

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • Rugby Union

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • Rugby League

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • Golf

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Snooker

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Aussies Rules

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Hockey

• Ice Hockey

• Tennis

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Badminton

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Boxing

• Volleyball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beach Volleyball

• Athletics

• Wrestling

• Swimming

• Darts

• Baseball

• American Football

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Basketball

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Netball

• Handball

• Cycling

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Gaelic Football

• Some other sport that I have stupidly omitted

Votes: 9 6.1%

• Total voters

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, football and then probably American football. Will watch the tennis and golf if it is on, but I'm not really a huge fan.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
American Football bores me to tears, can't watch more than 5 minutes of a game before getting bored. It's even worse than Rugby League and that's saying something.

Would be a toss-up between Ice and Field hockey.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
American Football bores me to tears, can't watch more than 5 minutes of a game before getting bored. It's even worse than Rugby League and that's saying something.

Would be a toss-up between Ice and Field hockey.
Find all forms of Rugby generally very dull and tame compared to watching NFL tbh. No hurdling tackles? Wtf is that about..

Actually quite enjoy playing Rugby, and I will watch it when the World Cup is on. but otherwise I really cbf.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Never been able to get into NFL or any American sport, watched Superbowl a couple of times but found it fairly tedious, like too many sports as it is anyway so adding another one is not a good idea.

Favourite sports after cricket would go roughly as follows:

Football easily my second favourite, stupid game that it is.

Then F1 if you count that a sport, was the first sport I ever loved. (Ayrton Senna)

Then Tennis and Golf probably, love to watch at the very top level, Majors and Ryder cup in Golf and the very top players in Tennis. Cannot get the same enjoyment out of watching two average Tennis players that I can out of watching County Cricket or League 1 football (even if teams I do not support are playing)

Rugby Union after that, enjoy watching internationals but never really watch club stuff.

Really enjoy watching the Tour de France (possibly more than Golf and Tennis) but do not really follow cycling the rest of the year.

Still watch Snooker from time to time but not as much as I did a few years ago.

Athletics is ok, will watch Olympics and World championships.

Loved watching Aussie Rules the couple of times that I went but have not followed it all since I got back to England.

Random sports in Winter and Summer Olympics which I quite enjoy at the time (Ski Cross was awesome), used to like playing Hockey.

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Loved watching Aussie Rules the couple of times that I went but have not followed it all since I got back to England.
I don't know what is available to watch over there but I do now out here I was able to the Aussie Football League from ESPN3.com. If you want try it out to see if you can get it to stream over the internet so that you can watch them on demand whenever you want. I know myp2p.eu is a great site for sports streaming, but that's only when the events are live, so if you're like me and stream the cricket through there from say, the last SL v India test matches, then you were watching them at like 12:30 AM until whenever you passed out from exhaustion.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Like football comfortably more than cricket these days. Need some Ashes awesomeness to fix that.

vcs

Test Cricket > tennis >>> football > limited-over cricket > the rest, for me.

Also preferring international football a lot more nowadays to club football, despite knowing it's a lower standard. Like the more even playing field.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Also preferring international football a lot more nowadays to club football, despite knowing it's a lower standard. Like the more even playing field.
Care to qualify the bolded statements?

vcs

Care to qualify the bolded statements?
Don't you agree that the CL money has put the top clubs in a different financial plane to the rest? If you give a top manager a lot of money to spend, he can put together a seriously good squad...

International football doesn't seem to be the same quality as a CL semifinal or final but I still think achieving international success puts a player's career on a completely different plane.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Don't you agree that the CL money has put the top clubs in a different financial plane to the rest? If you give a top manager a lot of money to spend, he can put together a seriously good squad...

International football doesn't seem to be the same quality as a CL semifinal or final but I still think achieving international success puts a player's career on a completely different plane.
Yeah fair enough, didn't neccessarily disagree, was just interested to hear why you had arrived at that conclusion.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

I don't think you can state either of club or international is lower standard than the other unless you only watch the top-line games in each. It ignores the fact that there are lower-level club games, and indeed that we let no-mark countries like Australia and India play football :ph34r:

vcs

I don't think you can state either of club or international is lower standard than the other unless you only watch the top-line games in each. It ignores the fact that there are lower-level club games, and indeed that we let no-mark countries like Australia and India play football :ph34r:
Yeah, you're right, TBF. I only watch the top-level games on TV and don't really call myself a proper football fan.

Xuhaib

International Coach
use to watch a lot of tennis then once Sampras/Aggasi era ended just fell out of it and have never come back fully will still watch a Nadal/Roger final but not much else.

For me its Test cricket> Football>Odi cricket.Squash is hands down the favorite sport to play probably the only sport where I am actually decent.