• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't understand why the FFA still puts up with Graham Arnold. Extremely disappointing result though. I would have liked to have seen Zullo get more time, but I guess that will happen in time if he continues to build on his performances in the A-League.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully that is the last time we ever see an all A-League side. What the point of picking an all A-League side if they have 48 hours together and no preparations. Might as well pick the best reserve side and put a half decent side on the field.

Redbacks

International Captain
nil all bore :mellow:

We just lack any creativity in the final 3rd, comes from having a patched together XI, horrible pitch and a lack of overall technical skill.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Realistically if they actually made an effect to get some players back Europe. You could get a side like this out there.

GK: Adam Federici
RWB: Ruben Zadkovich
CB: Matt Spiranovic
CB: Craig Moore
CB: Chris Coyne
LWB: Scott Jamieson
DM: Jacob Burns
CM: James Holland
CM: Nick Carle
RWF: Nathan Burns
CF: Archie Thompson
LWF: James Troisi

Some of thes guys might not have made it back. But I reckon majority would and with better technical ability of the like of Carle, Burns and Troisi we might have unlocked Indonesia defence.

Johnners

Hopefully that is the last time we ever see an all A-League side. What the point of picking an all A-League side if they have 48 hours together and no preparations. Might as well pick the best reserve side and put a half decent side on the field.
Add the general incompetence of Graham Arnold to that as well, the guy's a joke.

ripper868

International Coach
Doesn't really advertise the A-league as a mid-class league when it's best players cant knock off a side 100 ranks below the national teams ranking.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Poor game from our fellas, but I maintain at least now when they're playing mud they're getting points out of it, instead of playing well and losing.

Redbacks

International Captain
Good news is that Culina will be part of the A-league based Socceroos soon:) Hopefully he will be able sit in the middle and dictate when we play our home based team. Moore at the back is solid and we seem to produce enough defenders.

Graham Arnold what a :clown:

In other news James Troisi scored a hattrick in Turkey last weekend for Gençlerbirliği, club where Jedinak and Djite also play

Last edited:

Johnners

TBH I doubt he would have done much. Pim would still be running the show from the stands. Though a new assistant would be good long term.
Fact is though, the majority of matches Arnold has managed over the last 2 years for any 'roos team have been atrocious.

Redbacks

International Captain
A-league awards:

JOHNNY WARREN MEDAL: Shane Smeltz (Wellington Phoenix)
GOLDEN BOOT: Shane Smeltz (Wellington Phoenix)
COACH OF THE YEAR: Aurelio Vidmar (Adelaide United)
RISING STAR: Scott Jamieson (Adelaide United)
GOALKEEPER OF THE YEAR: Eugene Galekovic (Adelaide United)
FOREIGN PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Charlie Miller (Queensland Roar)
REFEREE OF THE YEAR: Matthew Breeze
Not so sure about Miller for import of the season, Dadi had a good season for Perth I thought. Coach, well Merrick could have won but Melbourne's squad is better on paper, so two teams on equal points GD, maybe Vidmar gets the award (no doubt the ACL would have affected the decision).

Last edited: