• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

BoyBrumby

Englishman
chaminda_00 said:
You said what

Not sure if it will work, but its better then nothing.
Think John O'Neill's sentence here is the crucial one tho:

"Our ability to top up is a bit constrained, but we're willing to top up payments with some modest amounts"

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vic_orthdox said:
Is it really hard to lure over international players, a la real life too?
Sure is - I don't think I've signed any current Internationals except for Jeyson Joel Vega (who was only a Paraguay player because my database is small)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Buy Brazilians if you can, they will play almost anywhere it seems.
That's as maybe but they also fail the Australian criteria (imposed by the Asian cup thingy)

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Started in the Australian leagues on CM 2001/2 having half assedly updated it. Can't alter the amount of teams in the competition so it's stuck with 14, but made those not in the A League semi-pro teams to help create a divide.
Started with Melbourne Victory and am so far 4th with 3-2-2. This program called CMAgent helps with finding some good, cheap Australians that therefore don't count as foreigners. :)

Matteh

marc71178 said:
But that's cheating!
Doesn't matter anymore - left to join Dundee Utd, where i casually managed to pick up a certain D Drogba for 1.4 Mil. For some reason, even though i've updated it so he's older and better than he would be in 2001, he was stupidly cheap. People stopped making updates for CM2001 in late 2002 :(

Cloete

International Captain
Matteh said:
Doesn't matter anymore - left to join Dundee Utd, where i casually managed to pick up a certain D Drogba for 1.4 Mil. For some reason, even though i've updated it so he's older and better than he would be in 2001, he was stupidly cheap. People stopped making updates for CM2001 in late 2002 :(
Incorrect.

www.thedugout.net, take a look at it + the forum. Still a very active 01/02 community.

Matteh

Cloete said:
Incorrect.

www.thedugout.net, take a look at it + the forum. Still a very active 01/02 community.
I can't run the 3.9.68 (i think) patched updates that are in the Download section as i lost my Cd for it, so have to rely on a NO-CD fix which isn't for the patched version.
Haven't checked the forums though - so thanks for that :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Marc if u want cheap Aussies just have a look around the lower leagues of Europe, there are heaps.

Back to the football, round 2 pre season results:

Sydney FC 2 - Newcastle 1
Central Coast 0 - Adeliaide 0
Perth 1 - Melbourne 1
Queensland 1 - New Zealand 1

Hope these close matches is a sign of things to come during the season. Sydney FC the pick of the teams as usually it seems. Also Knights are looking pretty good compared to last season.

Cloete

International Captain
Matteh said:
I can't run the 3.9.68 (i think) patched updates that are in the Download section as i lost my Cd for it, so have to rely on a NO-CD fix which isn't for the patched version.
Haven't checked the forums though - so thanks for that :)
You don't need it. Just recommended for it. It comes up with an error on startup and that's it. Otherwise it pretty much works perfectly.

Craig

World Traveller
chaminda_00 said:
Marc if u want cheap Aussies just have a look around the lower leagues of Europe, there are heaps.

Back to the football, round 2 pre season results:

Sydney FC 2 - Newcastle 1
Central Coast 0 - Adeliaide 0
Perth 1 - Melbourne 1
Queensland 1 - New Zealand 1

Hope these close matches is a sign of things to come during the season. Sydney FC the pick of the teams as usually it seems. Also Knights are looking pretty good compared to last season.
Interested to see how the new Portugese player the Knights have signed works out.

Cloete

International Captain
Craig said:
Interested to see how the new Portugese player the Knights have signed works out.
Yeah he bagged one against us. Be good when TV coverage starts again 8-)

ash chaulk

International Captain
Perth Glory have signed a new coach i believe. Socceroos technical director Ron Smith.

Jason Petcovic has injured his leg and will probably miss the first A-League game leaving young socceroos goal keeper alex vreteski (17) to debut.

Glory are also going to trial 3 portugese and 1 brazillian.
all are in the portugal second division and have been scouted by a lazaridis contact.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chaminda_00 said:
I've sent scouts out - currently trying to buy the best in the league, but they won't join me.

Managed to somehow become Asian champion and took 3rd at the World Club Cup, but can't sign any new players because of my wage "cap" - does that increase season after season?

If not, I think I'll be deleting soon - board will allow £55k a week, but can't go over £28k when I try to sign anyone new.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
chaminda_00 said:
Also Knights are looking pretty good compared to last season.
Probably something to do with the fact that there's only 3(?) players that are actually New Zealanders :dry:

Matteh

Cloete said:
You don't need it. Just recommended for it. It comes up with an error on startup and that's it. Otherwise it pretty much works perfectly.
Found this site http://champman0102.co.uk/index.php
Has recent updates - patches so that league formats are changed - i.e. the lot
Tried running it without 3.9.68 and i got those error messages and then black screen and a box saying CM0102 had crashed. Getting a new CD off ebay for £1.50. :cool:

ash chaulk

International Captain
nothink beats my everton team in 08

Poulter (y)

L.Neill Yobo Lescott Maxwell(y)

Wehrmen

McFadden Ederson (y) Beckham

Kaka Tevez

subs
Turner
Foxe
Moogan
Rungratsmee
Beganskiy

Wehrmen being an ex glory player whos in the swiss league atm i think

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ederson isn't a youth is he?

I remember signing him in my last game.

Ditched the Australian game as the wage limit is ridiculous.

Cloete

International Captain
ash chaulk said:
nothink beats my everton team in 08

Poulter (y)

L.Neill Yobo Lescott Maxwell(y)

Wehrmen

McFadden Ederson (y) Beckham

Kaka Tevez

subs
Turner
Foxe
Moogan
Rungratsmee
Beganskiy

Wehrmen being an ex glory player whos in the swiss league atm i think
Norwegian. Plays for Lillestrom (mostly off the bench) I think.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cloete said:
Norwegian. Plays for Lillestrom (mostly off the bench) I think.
Spot on. Played for Moss a couple of years before they got relegated, I think. Probably a Lillestrøm fan researching the game. :laugh: