• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

George Best

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
Right, I see where you're coming from now. If he'd been English I agree, he'd have had an opportunity to win things at international level etc, so yeah, if you're going to define greatness that way then he probably wasn't.

I'll rephrase - the most talented player ever to play in this country.
He had the opportunity for Manure, but Best effectively shortened his own top level career. Of course he still won things, but not as many as he should have to have.

Craig

World Traveller
PY said:
Dirty Man City and Liverpool fans.

Disgrace, not that I expected anything different.
And I bet one minute they wouldn't have liked if Man U fans had booed if they had played each other when Emlyn Hughes died. It goes both ways.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
And I bet one minute they wouldn't have liked if Man U fans had booed if they had played each other when Emlyn Hughes died. It goes both ways.
So? that is an irelivent point it doesnt stop it being a disgrace

Craig

World Traveller
That's my point exactly. If Utd supporters had done it would have been a disgrace, just as much it is for Liverpool fans to boo.

I don't see how it is irrelevant.

PY

International Coach
32,000+ people expected at his funeral later. :-o

Biggest funeral seen in Northern Ireland ever, hopefully it'll go off without any trouble and people get a chance to pay their respects. :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
PY said:
32,000+ people expected at his funeral later. :-o

Biggest funeral seen in Northern Ireland ever, hopefully it'll go off without any trouble and people get a chance to pay their respects. :)
Hear, hear.

Langeveldt

Soutie
a massive zebra said:
Ex-wife turned celebrity Alex Best added "It seems a shame to lose him on the day licensing laws finally get extended."

Ouch, thats a bit harsh.. Mind you I can't say I blame her..