• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Eddie Guerrero passes away.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono said:
Duffer where the hell have you been mate. I've missed discussing current storylines and talking about Velocity with you. :(
Just been tied down with a lot of stuff recently mate. Full-time uni, working 2 days a week, cricket on the weekends and becuase of the new timing I rarely ever get to see WWE regularly.

This news is just horrible though :( . Most people know I'm the biggest Bret Hart mark out there, but Eddie was getting close there with his performances and his mic-work. As Pratyush said, Eddie was able to reach out to people and make them feel for him like not many wrestlers could.

My favorite memory of Eddie Guerrero is from a house show WCW did in Sydney a long time ago. Me and a friend were fortunate enough to get front row seats for it. Eddie was in a tag match, and me and my friend were heckling him, he was a heel at the time (i think about his mullet haha), and he jumped down from his corner and came right up to us and stood there in an intimidating manner.

It seemed like he was starting to turn away to go back to the corner, but he saw that i was fumbling for my camera, so he stood back in the pose for an extra few seconds so i could get my camera out and take the picture. He didn't have to do that. I knew he was a heel, and as he was walking away i yelled "thanks Eddie!" He was so good to his fans. :(

The sad thing is, I was just watching his documentary a few days ago and hearing this really hit home. Why couldn't he lie, cheat and steal his way out of this one? The WWE's first full Mexican Heavyweight Champion. The matches he put on with Malenko, Benoit, Jericho and Mysterio in WCW were some of the best I've ever seen. I was so pumped about finally seeing him and HBK in the ring at SS this year too but now that is just a pipe dream :(

Apparently both RAW and Smackdown will be Tribute shows to Eddie this week. I'm getting the tape recorders out for these two. It'll possibly be the last time we'll see much of Eddie footage on WWE television

There's a rumour that Eddie might've had a brain aneurysm stemming from the Ken Kennedy chair shot from this past week on Smackdown. If you saw it, it was a loud shot that wasn't clean. I hope it isnt true, for Kennedy's mental health and for the WWE in general. No more chair shots would be devastating for the writing team.

RIP EDDIE - You weren't the one who got me into wrestling, but during the down times you were the one who kept me watching :(

--------------------------------
sorry about the essay guys. just good to get stuff like that off your chest.
-----------------------------
But don't worry Jono mate, come Uni holidays I'll be able to post in that wrestling thread a lot more often :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great post Duffer. He really was great. I watched some of my Eddie DVD tonight to just watch some great Eddie matches. Its a strong possibility he may have been scheduled to win the world title on SD anyway, which makes it that much worse.

Sudeep

International Captain
When fans cheer for a heel, even make the writers change his character to fit it, you've gotta know that guy's really, really good. Eddie had the magic of captivating people, not only with his wrestling, but with his mic work. He was one of the very few "all-rounders" in WWE, and the company would be a lesser place without him. And we, the fans, would be less entertained, because one of the greatest proponents is gone. Undeservedly. He worked so hard to overcome his problem, but still is no more, which is the saddest part.

RIP Eddie.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Aagh god this is just terrible, really gutted to hear this, and getting the news on CW wasn't the best..

it's awful, how long ago did this happen? i think we are a few days behind here in south africa..

Absolutely gutted though, RIP Eddie..

PommieMacGill

State Regular
He was found on Sunday morning, apparently he died whilst brushing his teeth as the toothbrush was still in his mouth when people found him.

Drugs will get you in the end, I really think this proves it.

It's a shame, because he was such a talented guy and an inspiration to many people because he had overcome his demons, although I guess they caught up with him in the end.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Chris Jericho on the loss:

I am devastated by the news of Eddy's passing and I am so sad...

I've lost alot of friends over the years but this one hurts the most by far.

I had the pleasure of meeting Eddy in Mexico City almost 14 years ago and we've been close ever since (although it didn't start that way!) He is one of my favorite people that I've ever met in the wrestling business, as well one of the greatest performers I've ever seen and had the pleasure to work with. One of my favorite times in my career was when Eddy and I were an underutilized, underpushed, hell, almost non-exisitant tagteam, that were thrown together randomly in WCW. But there was a chemistry there that existed becuase we had mutual respect for each other and we both loved what we were doing. One of my most cherished matches was myself and Eddy vs Chris and Dean in Knoxville, on a benefit show for our dear friend Brian Hildebrand. All four of us started the same way and had the same love and respect for the business, for Brian and for each other...it was a magical night. My best match of 1997 was against Ed at Fall Brawl that year. He was as talented as they come and a true class act.

He was also so humble and a true family man and most importantly a warrior for God. He taught me so much about wrestling and about being a man and it is an honor to call him a true brother and friend.

I have so many classic Eddy stories that I would love to share, but instead I'm just going to go and cry myself to sleep remembering what an awesome human being Eddy was and will always be...

May God bless your family and your soul and may he keep you safe forever putillo falso....I love you my brother...

Love your chapete

masterblaster

International Captain
A truly touching post by Chris Jericho. God it's been a tough couple of days. It's almost been like a friend has passed away. It's strange, in that we didn't know Eddie personally, but it goes to show how full of life and how entertaining the man really was. I still can't seem to get over it, I'm in a state of shock and sadness. It's just not fair....

A truly great photograph taken from Chris Jericho's personal photo album.....the pain still doesn't really seem to go away. :(

Last edited:

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I told my cousin today, he hasn't watched wrestling for a few years, but he seemed to be quite upset by it. Still seems sureal to me though.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
No, no, no.
:(

**** this makes me so sad. I really couldn't believe it when I heard it.

Four years clean then this happens, while crackpots like Jake the Snake are still around.

Not in a good mood after this news.