• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Celtic FC

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
DJellett said:
The Official CricketWeb thread for fans of CelticFC, the world's best football team!
Not even Glasgow's best team 8-)

Still, the other threads seem to exist to take the mick out of the team named so:

"Ha ha, you've got Sutton and Thompson and your club captain would rather sign for a crappy side like Wolves than for you"

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
Not in this thread we won't. No one likes Celtic.
Not out in this part of the world.

Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle, Spurs, and Celtic seem to be the most popular British clubs in convict land.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
BTW, something I should probably know, but why is "Celtic" pronounced "sel-tic" in the football club's name rather than the more usual "kel-tic"?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
vic_orthdox said:
Haha. But he is Scottish, right? Or used to play for Celtic?

Damn I feel stupid.
Yeah, he was their captain til v recently. If fact i doubt he's actually played for Wolves yet, I think they made a better offer than Celtic could afford & with him entering the veteren stage of his career he couldn't say no.

Piper

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Not even Glasgow's best team 8-)

Still, the other threads seem to exist to take the mick out of the team named so:

"Ha ha, you've got Sutton and Thompson and your club captain would rather sign for a crappy side like Wolves than for you"
Steady now... please remember that im in Wolves lol

Craig

World Traveller
What do people think about them trying to join the EPL with Rangers?

I say no, because if they came, another two teams might have to drop out, and I doubt they would really challenage for the title anyway, it would depend who they got. The travel costs by Rangers and Celtic fans going down to England for away matches, and vice versa would have to be expensive, considering fans pay over $1000Aud for a season ticket?!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Craig said:

I say no, because if they came, another two teams might have to drop out, and I doubt they would really challenage for the title anyway, it would depend who they got. The travel costs by Rangers and Celtic fans going down to England for away matches, and vice versa would have to be expensive, considering fans pay over $1000Aud for a season ticket?!
I think they need The Premiership more than it needs them. Unfortunately, due to the general ar$eness of most of the Scots Prem, the telly rights up there are worth didly-squat. As a hefty chunk of clubs' income now comes from TV this means they cannot compete financially with even run-of-the-mill English clubs like, say, Charlton or Birmingham. Their fans might add a bit of colour, but the teams would be no more than mid-table initially.

I think actually wee Gordon has quite a job on his hands with Celtic. Most of his top performers are the wrong side of 30 (except Bellamy who is both on loan & a tw@t of immense proportions anyway) so he's got some pretty major rebuilding work to do.

DJellett

International Debutant
Unfortunately, Celtic and Rangers will continue to dominate the SPL until something is done about it.
It's dissapointing, but moving to the EPL is not the right way to fix the problem.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:

If they want to play in England, they can join the Albany League and go from there...