• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jonah Lomu Comeback

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I guess anything to do with Jonah has to be labelled "huge" though, doesn't it?

But in all seriousness, I also can't wait. Good on the big fella.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's good to see from a Rugby & a human point of view. The word "legend" is overused, but it's definitely appropriate in the big man's case.

I heard he'd had his kidney transplanted under his ribcage to protect it, so he obviously always intended to come back to the game. Good on him. :)

Piper

International Captain
Now this is gonna be one of the best things to happen to New Zealand rugby for a long time.... He is one of the players a lot of people went to see, he has everything u look for in a player... hes got speed and lots of talent... as u can see i cant wait :D

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Piper said:
Now this is gonna be one of the best things to happen to New Zealand rugby for a long time.... He is one of the players a lot of people went to see, he has everything u look for in a player... hes got speed and lots of talent... as u can see i cant wait :D

Lots of Talent? He ran into people... He can't tackle....

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Its too much hype.. he wont deliver.. he wont be anything like he ever was..

oh yeh and great to see him back anyway after going through such a tough phase in his life and battling it through and reaching his goal of playing rugby again!

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still, great to see him come back from pretty much life-threatening kidney problems.

Piper

International Captain
Retox said:
Hes a better player than most Aussies :p
Ok maybe i over stepped the mark by saying "lots" but he has talent... if he didnt have any talent he wouldnt be in the All Blacks :happy:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Retox said:
He certainly had problems on defence - he turned as slowly as the hamster in BoyBrumby's brain. :D

But to suggest running into people was the sum total of his talent is an immense discredit to the man. His size, combined with his speed, balance and agility, made him the massive force he was.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't call Lomu a world class player because I doubt he could have gone into the Scottish team for example and made a huge difference.
He was a liability on defence and his positional play at times was questionable.

In saying that, I wish him all the best and hope he can at least play NPC.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Retox said:
He ran into people who couldn't tackle is probably more appropriate - it's not fair to blame that on him.

Son Of Coco

Piper said:
Hes a better player than most Aussies :p
Ok maybe i over stepped the mark by saying "lots" but he has talent... if he didnt have any talent he wouldnt be in the All Blacks :happy:
He's a better player than all Englishmen at the moment... :D

Son Of Coco

BoyBrumby said:
It's good to see from a Rugby & a human point of view. The word "legend" is overused, but it's definitely appropriate in the big man's case.

I heard he'd had his kidney transplanted under his ribcage to protect it, so he obviously always intended to come back to the game. Good on him. :)
I heard his kidney's actually wearing custom made headgear of its own...can never be too careful!

nibbs

International Captain
I got to shake Jonah's hand after playing in the Police Golf Tournament late last year. He was at the prize giving. I went to him and shook his hand. By god did he have a firm grip

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Retox said:
Lol.

I like him but, and that haircut he wore in like, 2000/01. You know the one, the shaved head with the little bit of hair left at the front.