• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

were you ever in a team that won a regional sports event?

nibbs

International Captain
i was, and i have the shirt to prove it. sometimes i wear that shirt when i go to the mall. the girls see the words, champion and auckland go crazy. i wish i had more shirts like it tbh

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I was in my school team (City of Ely College) that won the Cambridgeshire Under-12s Rugby 7s. I'm certain my mum would still have the paper cutting, next time I visit I'll ask.

Heady stuff, eh? :D

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ummm my school were State Aussie rules champions in year 10, couple of year ago i was also in the team that one the regional schools cricket tournament, and in years 5 and 6 was also in the footy team that won the state knockout...

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
My Japanese rugby school Hagi High won the Chugoku (5 state) 10-a-side rugby championships in Horoshima last year, undefeated, it was good.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
I was in a Adult cricket team and we won the Eastern Bay Of Plenty cricket comp 2 years in a row. (17-18)

When I was 15-16 I played rugby for my school and we won the Bay Of Plenty comp

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I played in the Newton-Le-Willows under 17's team that beat Leigh in the final to win the HF Bullogh Trophy in 2004. I think the tournament is the Wigan cup...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I have been part of quite a few tournament winning sides in and around Delhi from late sixties to the early eighties but the finest was when we won the Senior Division League in Delhi in 1968. I was 18 :D

We had three young players who went on to play lots of first class cricket with one of them Rakesh Shukla playing in one test match.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Little kids dig my South Africa shirt.. I managed to convince one guy I was actually Allan Donald.. I was even bowling quite quickly at the time, and I had blonde hair

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I played in a tournament of basketball having teams from Calcutta and Jadavpur university for my college.

We reached the semis. I did the cheering part and played a grand total of two minutes in the tournament. Was still proud to have the college jersey and play for my college.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I won a badminton tournament which I captained our college side, and was unbeaten.. (Didn't get a shirt though) :(
Got a runners up trophy last year for cricket..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Closest I've managed
1997 & 1999 - Lincolnshire Cup [U12 and U14] - Semi Finals
2000 - Lincolnshire Cup [U15] - Quarter Final

In both 97 and 99, we were defeated away to QE Gainsborough, the second time around being embarrassingly skittled for 48 (despite a brave last wicket stand of 12), before QE knocked off the runs in 3.3 overs. In 2000, we fell one stage before the inevitable clubbing in Gainsborough, going down at Branston College after Pete stood on his own wickets....

Coaching Career
2003 - Signhills School U11 - winning Cleethorpes U11 kwik cricket league
2004 - Exeter CC U11 - second in East Devon U11 league

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
In 2000, we fell one stage before the inevitable clubbing in Gainsborough
What's the clubbing scene like in Gainsborough or was it whale-clubbing you went there for?

dro87

U19 12th Man
well i won the Italian Under 13 championship in 1999, the under 15 in 2002 and Under 17 in 2004 all as captain... Plus i won the man of the tournament award in the European Under 15 b championships in berlin 2002... Plus I'm Captain of Italy under 17 now... hehehe

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
dro87 said:
well i won the Italian Under 13 championship in 1999, the under 15 in 2002 and Under 17 in 2004 all as captain... Plus i won the man of the tournament award in the European Under 15 b championships in berlin 2002... Plus I'm Captain of Italy under 17 now... hehehe
You don't fancy writing something on the minor cricket scene for us, do you? :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
What's the clubbing scene like in Gainsborough or was it whale-clubbing you went there for?
Generally over mid-wicket, over the fence, and over the rugby posts in the next field.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
My school is one of the best in Essex, and we're usually there or thereabouts in the school cup (cricket, this is) apart from last year, where we went out 2nd round, to an absolutely rubbish team, getting skittled for 60-odd I believe.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
got to the final of the U-15 county cup (football) once - we lost 7-1 in the final.

at Uni we won our league in my first year, and last year we got promoted for my team up here, and we are currently about 7 points clear at the top this year.

etc