• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Its not Virtual NRL but we can still have a good game!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
For what it's worth:

Peachey
El Masri (k)
Whatuira
Hegarty
Sing
Lockyer (c)
Johns
Morley
Sims
Hughes
McGuire
Williamson
Maiua

Covell
Reynolds
Wiki
Halatau

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
For what it's worth:

Peachey
El Masri (k)
Whatuira
Hegarty
Sing
Lockyer (c)
Johns
Morley
Sims
Hughes
McGuire
Williamson
Maiua

Covell
Reynolds
Wiki
Halatau
considering your lack of familiarity with the NRL thats a pretty solid team :)

Cloete

International Captain
Lockout is on :D

The NRL season has started!

South QLD Crushers team for Round 1:

Bowen
El Masri (K)
Tonga
Cooper (C)
Utai
Thurston
Firman
Fulton
Wagon :D
Webb
Wiki
Skandalis
Geddes

Peachey
Tahu
Hodges
Sing

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
considering your lack of familiarity with the NRL thats a pretty solid team :)
I was guided by values and names I'd vaguely heard (such as Morley - is he British or did he play over here?)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mister Wright said:
How do we find out which team we are up against?
i believe the draw will be released after round 1, so u wont know whos playing who until monday...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
marc71178 said:
I was guided by values and names I'd vaguely heard (such as Morley - is he British or did he play over here?)
Used to play for Leeds Rhinos IIRC. I may be wrong, but I think he's the only Pom in the NRL just now. I nearly went for him for patriotic reasons, but the scoring system of the fantasy league seems geared towards try-scorers & he doesn't get many, so was a bit overpriced IMO.

You also lose points for red & yellow cards & Ade is what can euphemistically be called a competitive player... :D

He clothes-lined Robbie Kearns in the 1st Ashes test in 2003 & set record for being sent off after 12 seconds!

Simon

El Masri proved his worth as gk last night starting the season with 7. Andrew Ryan grabbed a couple, hes not in my team, but fowards who scores tries like that will be valuable in this comp...

Cloete

International Captain
I managed 34 points from last night's game.

Matt Cooper bagged a double and was my captain, so 16 points there.
Utai 4
El Masri 14

Simon

Cloete said:
I managed 34 points from last night's game.

Matt Cooper bagged a double and was my captain, so 16 points there.
Utai 4
El Masri 14
u aso get 2 points for each player u had playing for a winning team...

Simon

Point scores for me so far
El Masri 16, Vagana 6, Firman 2, Priddis 4, Marsh 2, Gallen 2, Wagon 2, Mackinnon 2...
with some major players to come tomorrow will be interesting.

at this stage its hard to guage what a competitive score will be, should have a fair indication after gamesare finalised on monday...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm having a mare; Matt Cooper's me only try-scorer so far.

Minichiello & Willie Tonga have both drawn blanks & Sonny Bill has crocked himself too.... 8-)