• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A-League Favourites

Who will win the inaugral A-League ?

• Total voters

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
HAHA
that'll do me, if u get the gig im gonna have to support them
at this stage ill be going for The mariners though...

Also if u get a chance to meet the Sydney CEO andy harper, please punch him in the face on my behalf...
HAHAHAHA, may i ask why??

Im hoping i get a crack, i think it would be a top job...

I think then though i would have to stop annoying the mascots when i go to the footy...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blewy said:
HAHAHAHA, may i ask why??

Im hoping i get a crack, i think it would be a top job...

I think then though i would have to stop annoying the mascots when i go to the footy...
why do i hate Andy Harper?
because hes a toss. Always has his mug on tv and a commentator and thinks hes awesome, hes the football version of Phil Gould if that means anything...

Simon

BoyBrumby said:
Tired of their inability to overcome mediocre South American countries to qualify for the World Cup, Australia have decided they're Asians! Pauline Hanson must be overjoyed!! :D

I guess there is a precedent; despite being obviously in Asia Israel plays in the European qualifiers. Where does this leave NZ I wonder?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Au...s/2005/03/23/1111525215558.html?oneclick=true
greatest thing thats happened to australian football, we really needed this, it makes more sense to qualify against sides in our region than South America. Commercially, Australia stand to make good money from this move too. Not to mention a structured qualifying system, where it wont come down to 2 games in the end, good news all round...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lol nah we are asian now :p

The OCeania federation is abit of a waste of time anyway without Australia and should never have been on its own - basically a play off between Australia and NZ...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yet there's massive crying every 4 years when they don't get an automatic place.

This is a joke, and how long before other countries ask to move to an easier region?

Blaze

Banned
marc71178 said:
Yet there's massive crying every 4 years when they don't get an automatic place.

This is a joke, and how long before other countries ask to move to an easier region?

I say good on Australia. FIFA were doing nothing to help Oceania and this is their best chance of putting themselves in a good position to be a force in soccer and qualify for a world cup.. I hope NZ follows suit otherwise football will just die in this country

Simon

marc71178 said:

no the joke is, every 4 years we have 2 matches to make the word cup. we dont get a 10 game qualifying system thats allows a slip up against Andorra or Leichenstein and still make it, or even get another play off against an neighbouring country if u come 2nd. We have to travel thousands of miles to play in conditions we havent been used to, against sides we havent had to play before from a completely different part of the world. Asia are our neighbours, it makes more sense qualifying against sides that are in your area.

i say chuck england in the oceiania qualifying, then make them travel to chilie for a match then back to england for one, i bet they wont qualify lol...

australia have been punished for too long because they are so far superior to every other side in their region, for the good of the sport in this country this more was essential, its still going to be just as hard to qualify, japan, china, South Korea etc... are all good sides, australia arent under any illusions that this move is basically direct qualification every 4 years...

Simon

Blaze said:
Sure they are better than NZ but they arent far superior
an australian team at full strength contains Emerton, Kewell, Lazaridis, Neill, Cahill, Schwarzer, Viduka, Moore, Bresciano, Grella and Aloisi, these guys all play in major leagues in europe, all NZ can come up with is a couple of League 1 and League 2 players. im sorry but they arent in the same ballpark as us...

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
an australian team at full strength contains Emerton, Kewell, Lazaridis, Neill, Cahill, Schwarzer, Viduka, Moore, Bresciano, Grella and Aloisi, these guys all play in major leagues in europe, all NZ can come up with is a couple of League 1 and League 2 players. im sorry but they arent in the same ballpark as us...

Lol yeah we only have one player in the premier league.. Ryan Nelson.

I am not denying that you are a better side but we have beaten you in the past albiet when you wern't at full strength but that's not our fault.

Football will die in NZ unless we follow Aus into asia

Simon

Blaze said:
Lol yeah we only have one player in the premier league.. Ryan Nelson.

I am not denying that you are a better side but we have beaten you in the past albiet when you wern't at full strength but that's not our fault.

Football will die in NZ unless we follow Aus into asia
or it could be the best thing thats happened for NZ, it now means they are basically guaranteed the play off spot against south america, maybe they could somehow fluke a win and make the cup...

the most annoying thing fo me about the current set up, is that its impossible for NZ and Australia to meet in a world cup. one of the biggest rivalries on the planet is Aus vs NZ in any sport, but given only 1 can qualify, it hasnt been able to happen, maybe in my life time we may get lucky and see it...

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
or it could be the best thing thats happened for NZ, it now means they are basically guaranteed the play off spot against south america, maybe they could somehow fluke a win and make the cup...

the most annoying thing fo me about the current set up, is that its impossible for NZ and Australia to meet in a world cup. one of the biggest rivalries on the planet is Aus vs NZ in any sport, but given only 1 can qualify, it hasnt been able to happen, maybe in my life time we may get lucky and see it...

If I see that in my life time I will be extremelly suprised and thankful. It would be such a special occasion if it ever happened and one I would love to see.. heres hoping somehow it happens in years to come

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
Oh dear, oh dear.

And you think he'll help you get to World Cups?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
Why should such a rank poor area get 2 spots in the World Cup?