• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A-League Favourites

Who will win the inaugral A-League ?

• Total voters

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
What's there to understand? The ball goes back and forth, then nothing happens in the game for about 20 mins, then there's a riot because one team scores...
I know! Its JUST like cricket! Its highly dull because its just some skinny bloke chucking it down a dead patch of grass to another bloke (who, strangely is wearing the same uniform, the knob) who then hits it with a paddle.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mister Wright said:
I might go for the side that plays an interesting & exciting match, oh wait...we're talking about soccer, that's impossible.

*********YAAAWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNN********************

Try again buddy 8-)

duffer

And you'd think Pierre Litbarski would be smarter than to sign a has-been tosspot like Dwight Yorke.

If you're gonna bring in an ageing foreigner as your marquee player then at least make the guy a model-pro who'd set a good example to the younger ones in your squad.

Dwight would only be here to pick up his pay check and enjoy Sydney's quite awesome nightlife.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Linda said:
I know! Its JUST like cricket! Its highly dull because its just some skinny bloke chucking it down a dead patch of grass to another bloke (who, strangely is wearing the same uniform, the knob) who then hits it with a paddle.
Kyle's right, soccer is just boring, nothing else. But you're wrong, WRONG, cricket is exciting as anything on this earth.

Triple Crown

Cricket Spectator
So by Kyle's thinking, you could describe Rugby League as:

A bunch of homophobes throwing around a testicle-shaped ball who like to gang rape young girls and stick their fingers up each other's ass holes?

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Buddhmaster said:
Kyle's right, soccer is just boring, nothing else. But you're wrong, WRONG, cricket is exciting as anything on this earth.
Um. Did you not get my point?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
duffer said:
And you'd think Pierre Litbarski would be smarter than to sign a has-been tosspot like Dwight Yorke.

If you're gonna bring in an ageing foreigner as your marquee player then at least make the guy a model-pro who'd set a good example to the younger ones in your squad.

Dwight would only be here to pick up his pay check and enjoy Sydney's quite awesome nightlife.
im of the different opinion...

Sydney needs a BIG name player to draw the crowds, and get the support.. Dwight would be a good choice...

Mister Wright

Triple Crown said:
So by Kyle's thinking, you could describe Rugby League as:

A bunch of homophobes throwing around a testicle-shaped ball who like to gang rape young girls and stick their fingers up each other's ass holes?
And by that theory, soccer players are all bi-***ual cocaine addicts who spend more time at the hairdressers than they do on the soccer field.

Cloete

International Captain
Kyle just stay outta this thread and the union thread. I don't give a **** what you think of soccer and union, and frankly no one else does either. If you don't like it, stay the hell out!

Triple Crown

Cricket Spectator
Bisexual cocaine user with a great haircut -VS- Neanderthal gang-rapist who fingers other guys' butt holes in public.

Even if you get to the lowest denominator Football wins over League!!! :D

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
superkingdave said:
Although i havent a clue about the league, ill be gunning for QLD, when does the season start?
October i think, dont quote me on that though...

Triple Crown

Cricket Spectator
Main season starts August 2005.

In May 2005 there will be a pre-season knockout tournament in Perth, Adelaide & Gosford to decide who goes to the world club championship. It will be on Foxtel.

Mister Wright

Cloete said:
Kyle just stay outta this thread and the union thread. I don't give a **** what you think of soccer and union, and frankly no one else does either. If you don't like it, stay the hell out!
Go have a cry Andy. I'm here to stay.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey guys,

Im actually on a shortlist to become the Sydney FC Mascot...

HAHAHA, i applied and they are apparently selecting a group of people to do it and im on a shortlist...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
HAHA
that'll do me, if u get the gig im gonna have to support them
at this stage ill be going for The mariners though...

Also if u get a chance to meet the Sydney CEO andy harper, please punch him in the face on my behalf...