• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six Nations

simmy

International Regular
Anna said:
I mean he seems to be carrying an injury :p Anyway, tis Olly Barkley I'll have you know :D It seems like she's missing out on Dan Carter :D
Oh yeah I forgot about him.

She likes Ben Cohen as well.

I must stop her watching rugby!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Blaze said:
Looks like it will be a pretty predictable 6 Nations.
Because everyone predicted Italy to push Ireland so close, England to threash Wales and Scotland to beat France, didn't they?!

open365

International Vice-Captain
Whoo,is anyone else really suprised at how fat Andy Goode looks in an England shirt?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
open365 said:
Whoo,is anyone else really suprised at how fat Andy Goode looks in an England shirt?
Not really, he's always been a bit of a unit & skin tight white isn't the most flattering material! :p

I actually thought he did well when he came on, although I guess Wales had pretty much shot their bolt by then too.

open365

BoyBrumby said:
Not really, he's always been a bit of a unit & skin tight white isn't the most flattering material! :p

I actually thought he did well when he came on, although I guess Wales had pretty much shot their bolt by then too.
Of course he did well,he's Andy Goode! The reason why Johny being injured is bearable.,and has a 100% kick succes rate at international level.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
Fair play to yer Sweaties! That's what the 6 Nations is all about! Great performance & I personally was stunned how they outmuscled France. I thought Scotland's best chance of decent amount of ball was their line-out (Scott Murray being one of the best jumpers around), but it was the one area of their play that was pretty ordinary!

& thank God for broadband! My (Scottish) girlfriend is on the phone to her dad as I type! :D
So I take it that means you were actually hoping for a French team to lose then?

simmy

International Regular
Scaly piscine said:
So I take it that means you were actually hoping for a French team to lose then?
Yeah even though he convinced me to back France on a bet!

He owes me money

:D

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scaly piscine said:
Oh, I get it; I support Arsenal who're clearly French. 8-) Tres droll, mon ami.... :p

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Great result by Scotland -- amazing, really -- but their backline showed they had some class against the All Blacks and Sean Lamont is the goods. I'd love for them to run away with this like '99, but I fear England are too good at cheating.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Typical France. I don't know why they get so over-hyped at times. They're just as likely to lose to Fiji or Argentina in the World Cup. I don't think they give enough respect to the weaker teams and that will be their downfall.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ohtani's jacket said:
Great result by Scotland -- amazing, really -- but their backline showed they had some class against the All Blacks and Sean Lamont is the goods. I'd love for them to run away with this like '99, but I fear England are too good at cheating.
Hmm yea, nearly as good as NZ are at stealing the best players from the islands to the north.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a fact of life in sport now. The English cricket ain;t go to be very English in a few years time either.

Anna

I doubt it....the kolpak players that are signed by clubs are often overrated. It'll be interesting to see how Charl Willoughby fairs at Somerset this season. Apparently he played as the overseas player for Harbourne (area next to Edgbaston) about 4 years ago....never knew that!

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Hmm yea, nearly as good as NZ are at stealing the best players from the islands to the north.
The difference being that NZ doesn't really steal players from the islands, but England cheat... A whole lot...

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Players? Name one - other than Sitiveni Sivivatu, who I happily accept as a poach.

This is one argument you'll lose.