• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

East Bengal Club gets new manager... an FM 2005 story

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Is football manager and championship manager the same game? I am looking to get the best management football game myself so which is recommended?

Top choice to choose in selecting E Bengal. Win the AFC Champions league!

NikhilN

International Regular
East Bengal arrange friendly with Air India to take place on Friday Sep 10th, 2004 at Salt Lake Stadium, Kolkata

East Bengal win it 3-0

Attachments

NikhilN

International Regular
btw I forgot to say this but I added CW.net to the media section in the game through the editor...just gotta see if it shows up now

NikhilN

International Regular
Pratyush said:
Is football manager and championship manager the same game? I am looking to get the best management football game myself so which is recommended?

Top choice to choose in selecting E Bengal. Win the AFC Champions league!
Do not get CM, its crap...FM is 100x better than CM

Langeveldt

Soutie
Whats the point in playing a serious football management game when you have edited five star players in? To confirm the fact you can cheat?

Get out of my sight...

NikhilN

International Regular
I only added Malswamatulanga...what 5 star players...I only added that guy...I did not other editing

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Any editting followed by bragging (which is all this thread is going to become) is a complete waste of time.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
NikhilN said:
Do not get CM, its crap...FM is 100x better than CM
Umm, no it isn't... CM03/04 was truly a great game. However, FM5 is more up to date, and CM5 will be rubbish due to the split in companies.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I actually know a lot of people who prefer 03/04.

I don't - FM05 is a truly superb game, for once it's not easy at all!

chris.hinton

International Captain
Thsi is NOT a Story it is bragging a Story would be about Bulid Up to matches and extra details and a run down of teams and you squad

Community.sigames.com/eve/ and go to fm stories for an idea

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
marc71178 said:

That's not the point.Nikhil said that CM is crap but that's only CM5 is what Tom's saying.CM 03/04 was the height of the CM series.Anything beyond it is a bit iffy.However FM is the new standard taking over from CM 03/04.It wasn't about preference really.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:

So do I, and I can see where they're coming from (the layout is not great) but the additions, the fact it's more up to date, and as you say it's harder mean I play FM5 much more.

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
Any editting followed by bragging (which is all this thread is going to become) is a complete waste of time.
Exactly.. We don't spend hours and hours nurturing youth systems, keeping the cash flow honest, spending ages looking for decent players we can afford who may be flops and cost us everything, fine tuning tactics etc. for some tool to come on here and show us how great he is in the Indian League with a 5 Star player he edited in..

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I know how you feel.Except for buying busts.Only top class players for me and if you're in my youth system and you're whinging for games, be prepared to be shipped off to the highest bidder.Releasing players is just a waste.It's better to make money off them.They may have a lot of potential but if i say you can't play yet then you can't play or get ready to leave.