• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League - International

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
How do you rate Horne?
Best we've got after Long. Lacks a kicking game, but he's pretty decent otherwise.

On an unrelated note, **** I hate Sky Sports

Bill Arthurs: "Kylie Minogue's in town this week. Robbie's expected soon and U2 were here last week, and Great Britain will need to rediscover their intensity for this match"
How are they related?:huh:

Eddie Hemmings: "Many viewers today will be surprised to find out that Sean Long is no longer with the Great Britain squad."
No. The viewers are all thinking "no **** Sherlock"
Sky should just have Angela Powers doing everything or just give us a feed from 9.

**** 12-0 :(

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
EDIT: Typed Gleeson instead of Maquire.
:laugh:

And Roby's awesome. At St Helens we are very lucky that in him and Graham we've got probably the two best British players in to come through in the last 10 years.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Must be the first time in a while Stevo's got a video ref call right
Tbf, if you go for the French team (or the closest team to Dewsbury if there's more than one) or GB without even looking at the incident, it's bound to be pot luck.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Worst conversion attempt ever. :-O Steds called it earlier this week: no place kickers!

Don Fox must be having a wry smile to himself.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Don Fox must be having a wry smile to himself.
Hehe. Pathetic half from GB. They don't look arsed that they're going going home after this match. Infact, some are probably pleased really.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I watched the game and there wasn't too many positives for Great Britain, their back row went alright especially Hock and Roby made a real impact at dummy half when he came on. Why isn't Keiran Cunningham playing? He was pretty good last year in the Tri Nations. That last try by Australia was pretty awesome, Phil Gould pointed out that they were all Queenslanders who pulled it off. Good call Gus.

Craig

World Traveller
From a man who is friggin' in love with NSW he is now praising anything Queensland.

Suddenly everything doesn't seem right in the world.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
It should be noted that Nathan Hindmarsh started that try. But NSW are seriously stuff for the next five years we got nothing and QLD seem to have everyone coming through.

Easy win in the end for Australia, GB really lacked a half back, that guy they had out their would struggle to make a Premier League side. But i don't think NZ would have much to fear from that game. Tupou and Kafusi had alright games, but were really need Mason and Thaiday in the side. Also how good was Brent Kite, easierly the best game i've ever seen him play. If he keeps improving like this he could be the Number One front rower in Australia, in two years.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
burkey_1988 said:
My boy Gaz play well?
I didn't see the game in its entirity (sp), I was pub crawling, but when I did mention to catch a glimpse of the game he always seemed to be doing something good.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Perm said:
Why isn't Keiran Cunningham playing? He was pretty good last year in the Tri Nations.
Retired from internationals. Shame, because he's only 30 and is probably the best hooker in the world. He just has awful luck with injuries.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
steds said:
Retired from internationals. Shame, because he's only 30 and is probably the best hooker in the world. He just has awful luck with injuries.
Don't go around Energy Australia Stadium or Olympic Park mentioning that :ph34r: :stretcher