cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 332 of 332 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332
Results 4,966 to 4,976 of 4976
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Official Rugby Thread

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Some brilliant stuff in the second half from NZ, but it's a shame that we started piling on the points right after a dodgy yellow card.
    NZ definitely got the luck of the calls in their favour. Whether the result would've been different is hard to say because of how they pulled away at the end.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Captain StephenZA's Avatar
    NZ was always going to win. Typical blowout at the end when NZ fitness comes into play. Mackenzie is going to be a big impact player. But the ref was terrible how that original yellow card was givin and the swinging arm later was not. Entertaining game though.
    Mr Miyagi likes this.
    "Here are the opinions on which my facts are based." - Humanity
    "Man occasionally stumbles on the truth, but then just picks himself up and hurries on regardless." - Anonymous

International Debutant
    Shame about the YC, but good signs in the first AB test of the year. Well done to Japan, Australia and South Africa too
    Mr Miyagi likes this.

International 12th Man Mr Miyagi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    NZ was always going to win. Typical blowout at the end when NZ fitness comes into play. Mackenzie is going to be a big impact player. But the ref was terrible how that original yellow card was givin and the swinging arm later was not. Entertaining game though.
    Well it is hard to be too critical when the game was already won, but he did cost a certain try when he went for the try line and was taken into touch instead of passing inside to the open unmarked man.

Rugby needs to change the rules for when sendoffs like that happen, let the TMO just simply overrule it and send him back on the field.

But its not just the fitness, it is the fitness (of those who remain) and the bench quality. NZ's bench quality is just invariably so much better (and they know how to play as bench players as they are familiar with the role of pacing themselves for 25 minutes not 55 minutes).
    Last edited by Mr Miyagi; 09-06-2018 at 05:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
    You seriously either do not know the origins of Australia as the "lucky country" or disagree with it . :ph34r:
    I mean you no offence at all, but in all seriousness, and with all respect... noone knows Australia for innovations; eskis and rotary clotheslines. End of.
    Look up the origins of the lucky country. You may see what the global perception is. No offence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    You should look up the meaning of sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
    I said I mean you no offence. ;)
    \
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ok

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Pilch View Post
    Shame about the YC, but good signs in the first AB test of the year. Well done to Japan, Australia and South Africa too
    The French yellow wasn’t the incident I was really talking about.

Well done to the Boks for surprising me on Saturday, after getting so far behind. Nice to see the fight and pride.

And well done to the Blitzbokke for somehow pulling it back, winning in Paris and taking the overall title.
    _Ed_ likes this.

U19 Cricketer
    Well done to the Boks for surprising me on Saturday, after getting so far behind. Nice to see the fight and pride.
    Agreed. When England scored their third try I thought it was going to be yet another horror show. So to come back from that was a brilliant performance, and one of the best showings by the Boks in recent years.

And well done to the Blitzbokke for somehow pulling it back, winning in Paris and taking the overall title.
    There was a huge stroke of good fortune there, needing a missed conversion by Spain to be able to win the quarter-final, and of course England knocking Fiji out. But they still had to go on to beat New Zealand and England, and let's not forget that they did it without Afrika, Du Preez, Specman, and Senatla (who picked up an injury in Paris) - the depth and development that's happening in Sevens is really impressive. Now if only that could be translated to the 15-man game...

Quote Originally Posted by Dendarii View Post
    There was a huge stroke of good fortune there, needing a missed conversion by Spain to be able to win the quarter-final, and of course England knocking Fiji out. But they still had to go on to beat New Zealand and England, and let's not forget that they did it without Afrika, Du Preez, Specman, and Senatla (who picked up an injury in Paris) - the depth and development that's happening in Sevens is really impressive. Now if only that could be translated to the 15-man game...
    We've been the most consistent team throughout the year, even with the all the injuries, which is great. After our poor showing the previous weekend, it was nice to come back and win, this week. Luck involved but they did it in the end.

Without going into a big political nightmare, the success of 7's, I think, is because there was no old guard; it has been built up from scratch the last 10+ years without having to overcome regional/provincial/franchise and direct historical issues; with people trying to maintain power and influence. Just built into this great sport under the radar of most.

U19 Cricketer
    Without going into a big political nightmare, the success of 7's, I think, is because there was no old guard; it has been built up from scratch the last 10+ years without having to overcome regional/provincial/franchise and direct historical issues; with people trying to maintain power and influence. Just built into this great sport under the radar of most.
    I think you're right. It's just so frustrating seeing these phenomenally talented Sevens players emerging, proving that we do have the talent in the country, I do realise that overhauling the system is probably far too difficult a task, but if only there was some way of bringing the Sevens skill levels into the 15 man game - couple that with set pieces, which have generally been a strength of South Africa, and we'd be a consistent force to be reckoned with, rather than the up-and-down fortunes (mostly down of late) that we've seen to date.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendarii View Post
    I think you're right. It's just so frustrating seeing these phenomenally talented Sevens players emerging, proving that we do have the talent in the country, I do realise that overhauling the system is probably far too difficult a task, but if only there was some way of bringing the Sevens skill levels into the 15 man game - couple that with set pieces, which have generally been a strength of South Africa, and we'd be a consistent force to be reckoned with, rather than the up-and-down fortunes (mostly down of late) that we've seen to date.
    Well done to the Saffa 7s, but I'm sure they would've rather won Commonwealth gold than the World Series this year.

International 12th Man Mr Miyagi's Avatar
    Results of Saturday's games:

Italy 25 (Tommaso Benvenuti, Leonardo Ghiraldini, Jake Polledri tries; Tommaso Allan 2 conversions, 2 penalties), Japan 22 (Will Tupou, Amanaki Mafi, Kotaro Matsushima tries; Rikiya Matsuda 2 conversions, Yu Tamura penalty). HT: 12-3

Fiji 37 (Henry Seniloli 2, Frank Lomani 2, Jale Vatubua, Semi Radradra tries; Nemani Nadolo 2 conversions, penalty), Georgia 15 (Alexander Rodua, Vito Kolelishvili tries; Soso Matiashvili conversion, penalty). HT: 10-15

Tonga 28 (Viliame Lolohea, Cooper Vuna, Nili Latu tries; Sonatane Takulua 2 conversions, 3 penalties), Samoa 18 (Ed Fidow, Melani Matavao tries; Tusi Pisi conversion, Ah See Tuala 2 penalties). HT: 17-6

New Zealand 26 (Jordie Barrett 2, Joe Moody, Ben Smith tries; Damian McKenzie 3 conversions), France 13 (Cedate Gomes Sa try; Morgan Parra 2 penalties, Jules Plisson conversion). HT: 21-6

Ireland 26 (Andrew Conway, Tadhg Furlong tries; Jonathan Sexton 2 conversions, 4 penalties), Australia 21 (Kurtley Beale, Taniela Tupou tries; penalty try; Bernard Foley 2 conversions). HT: 16-14

Germany 16 (Jarrid Els try; Raynor Parkinson conversion, 3 penalties), Portugal 13 (Sebastiao Villax try; Louis Rodrigues conversion, 2 penalties). HT: 3-6

South Africa 23 (Duane Vermeulen try; penalty try; Handre Pollard conversion, 3 penalties), England 12 (Mike Brown, Jonny May tries; Owen Farrell conversion). HT: 13-12

Wales 30 (Hallam Amos, Josh Adams tries; Rhys Patchell conversion, 6 penalties), Argentina 12 (Bautista Delguy, Julian Montoya tries; Nicolas Sanchez conversion). HT: 19-5

Russia 43 (Anton Rudoi 3, Aleksei Mikhaltsov 2, Nikita Vavilin tries; Iurii Kushnarev 5 conversions, penalty), Canada 20 (Luke Campell, Nick Blevins tries; Brock Staller conversion, 2 penalties, Shane O'Leary conversion). HT: 26-10

Thread Information