• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
no such thing as double movement in rugby BB, player has the right to plce the ball in any direction once tackled.
If done immediately; there's a long pause between Dylan being tackled and him reaching out to place the ball. Would've been disappointed if it'd been given against us is all I can say.

Anyway, it seems as if I owe you a week with the avatar of your choice. :dry:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
If done immediately; there's a long pause between Dylan being tackled and him reaching out to place the ball. Would've been disappointed if it'd been given against us is all I can say.
Yup exactly - in fact, in the ITM Cup semifinal just last week Neemia Tialata was denied a try for a double movement in similar fashion to the way in which Hartley scored his try this morning.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
***ton's kicking sucks sooo much balls.
Watched just over half of the match before drifting off and the Irish forwards were getting absolutely smashed by the Saffie forwards

Terrible conditions but both teams have lots of work to do

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Seriously how awesome is Kurtley Beale? I remember seeing him play at flyhalf for the Waratah's a few years ago thinking he'll never be a Wallaby. His defence was horrible, he was carrying a bit of pork, and he looked lost - no instincts.

This year he's just transformed the Wallabies with his running. That try he set-up for James O'Connor in South Africa was amazing. The next week he backs up O'Connor for a good try. He did the same against Wales. Last week he was great in setting up Mitchell for that try by letting go of the ball at the right time. Just brilliant! The All Blacks struggled with his running last week.
I have to agree with the above comments - Beale's transformed from an average Super Rugby flyhalf to a lethal fullback in the space of a season. I didn't see the Australians play this morning so I'm only basing my opinion on his efforts against the ABs and the Springboks, but the way hes playing at the moment is such a reversal of his efforts in past Super 14 seasons that you'd think it was a completely different player.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have to agree with the above comments - Beale's transformed from an average Super Rugby flyhalf to a lethal fullback in the space of a season. I didn't see the Australians play this morning so I'm only basing my opinion on his efforts against the ABs and the Springboks, but the way hes playing at the moment is such a reversal of his efforts in past Super 14 seasons that you'd think it was a completely different player.
Beale was the quintissential child prodigy - played for Joeys at a ridiculously young age, Oz schoolboys lot long after and has been earmarked for superstardom for years

However, he came into Super 14 with a boy's body and mind and it's only this year that he's looked like an athlete

ripper868

International Coach
Beale was the quintissential child prodigy - played for Joeys at a ridiculously young age, Oz schoolboys lot long after and has been earmarked for superstardom for years

However, he came into Super 14 with a boy's body and mind and it's only this year that he's looked like an athlete
Joeys being a school he would have played there at a young age :p

Nah i know what your saying, was 15 when he started in 1st XV from memory

Brumby, your avatar shall be this man:

ripper868

International Coach
Coulda been worse, tbh.
Yeah, but you being the good egg you are i didn't want to give you something horrendous, as no doubt we''ll have another bet in the near future (Aus vs England perhaps)

Nice Location btw, would be interested to see it if your avatar was one of Pieterson/Strauss/Trott/Prior :p

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Would also be curious to note the location if Dylan Hartley, Shontayne Hape and Riki Flutey were a part of his avatar. :happy:
Hendrie Fourie not exactly the born and bred Pom either. & Armitage was born in Trinidad & played for France Schools as a kid too...

Btw: Hape's surname; I'd always assumed it was pronounced Har-pay as that was how the league comms said it, but Harrison & Barnes on Sky were going for "happy". Which is it?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Btw: Hape's surname; I'd always assumed it was pronounced Har-pay as that was how the league comms said it, but Harrison & Barnes on Sky were going for "happy". Which is it?
Assumed it was "Har-pay" myself - then again I've never heard him say his own surname so perhaps your local commentators have the right pronunciation.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Mealamu cited for his headbutt on Lewis Moody: All Blacks: Mealamu cited for head clash - Sport - NZ Herald News

Not surprised hes been put before the judiciary and he'll probably get a few weeks off. If he is suspended it leaves our squad a bit light; Sivivatu didn't even make the trip to Hong Kong, Ben Franks has now been ruled out of the tour, Jane's currently injured and Mealamu's absence would leave us with only 26 players available for selection.

ripper868

International Coach
Aye, will be in it.

Be a real clash of styles: your classy backs and ****house tight five versus our classy tight five and well you get the idea...
Yeah will be interesting...I'd think you will dominate possession about 60-40 but we'd use the ball better (in hand anyway). Pocock will be there to snaffle any loose pill as well, he owns his jersey for at least the next 10 years that kid.

Here's to the ref not blowing the game.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Heard a lame interview on the radio today..."So what is the English reaction to NZ appealing the Mealamu ban?"
Answer "I think the English have moved on."

Obviously they have moved on - they don't care whether we appeal or not. Stupid question.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Aye, will be in it.

Be a real clash of styles: your classy backs and ****house tight five versus our classy tight five and well you get the idea...
Australia's backline's (perhaps leaving aside Matt Giteau) is in such good attacking form that if they get good ball from their forwards they'll absolutely belt England. Without wanting to state the obvious, England will obviously fancy themselves at the scrum though - they dominated New Zealand at that set piece last weekend and from what I saw on highlights of the Wallabies' match, the Australians were killed in that area by Wales.

Thought I'd also mention the Mealamu suspension, downgraded from four to two weeks - personally felt that there wasn't much of a case to successfully appeal against the four week penalty.