• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair play to the ABs as they put a lot of pressure on and were obviously very deserved winners but the Aussies were truly woeful - no structure, plan or accuracy

Some of the execution made Jonhson's performance at Lords look like a masterpiece in control

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Excellent and long-overdue news. :thumbsup: That Los Pumas have been as competitive as they have without an annual top-level test comp is little short of miraculous and a testament to the Top 14 in France where a lot of them play their club rugby.

Few details to be sorted (that most of the best Argentine players ply their trade in the NH so will be in their close-season not the least), but good news for world union. :cool:
Not sure how this is going to work, frankly. The S14 will carry into August (IIRC) so will have Argentineans playing Tri-Nations till some time in October. Now, unless there's a fairly huge buyout from those French clubs who'll miss players for the first 7-8 rounds + 2 rounds of Heineken, seems likely that Argentina will field a fourth XV.

Unless they're going to be the 15th team in the Super 14, too...sort of. Not sure how on earth they'll compete with French wages considering the Argentinean television market for rugby is close to zero and they struggled to keep even Dan Carter on home soil.

ripper868

International Coach
Well played by the All Blacks last night, outplayed Australia in every facet across the park. Srums were a shambles, don't know what was doing, Crowley on the Channel seven feed seemed to think the ref was getting the packs to close together causing instability.

O'Connor had a nightmare, just didn't look comfortable at any stage, highlighted by his 'attempt' when Jane flew above him. Tbf though, that was awesome stuff from Jane.

Thought the ball for both sides was pretty slow with bodies being in the wrong places alot of the time, allow rucking back in the game and it'll be amazing how much quicker the ball will come out as players actually make an effort to get away under fear of staircasing.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
All Black squad was announced last Sunday - any comments? Was a bit surprised at some of the selections, notable Ben Smith and Mike Delany. Also surprised that Hosea Gear was left out. I'm pleased to see Rokocoko omitted though didn't predict it happening TBH. Interesting that Tanerau Latimer received the second openside flanker spot - my bolter for the squad was Hawke's Bay's Karl Lowe to back-up McCaw.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Got my incredibly expensive non-reserved seats to see the world's most one-sided rugby rivalry. Still, I haven't seen the All Blacks live since they won the Bledisloe back in 2003. Pretty exciting.

99*

International Debutant
Why this game is being played in Tokyo I have no idea.

Denver would have been a much better prospect, Invesco Field at Mile High is a wonderful stadium and holds a ****-load more spectators than this one. Although I guess money had some say in it.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Hard game to get enthused by, but the win will do me just fine. Conrad Smith class as ever. Cowan very good. Dumb stuff from Sivi.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Why this game is being played in Tokyo I have no idea.

Denver would have been a much better prospect, Invesco Field at Mile High is a wonderful stadium and holds a ****-load more spectators than this one. Although I guess money had some say in it.
99* making the early running in today's "No ****, Sherlock" handicap stakes. :ph34r: Think we'll see a lot more of it in the decade up to 2019.

In other news, Mike Tindall limped out of the Glowcesster - Sale game last night, adding to England's already lengthy injury list.

ripper868

International Coach
Honestly, we're just **** at rugby. Just ****.
Nah, All Blacks are just far better, reckon we could put at least 20 points on Namibia at the moment.

Rucking must be brought back into the game, too many ****s just lying all over the ball and rolling away slowly with no fear of being trampled. Bring back rucking you bring back quick phase ball as players actually make half an effort to get the **** out of there.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Good result on Saturday from a New Zealand perspective, though losing Woodcock and Sivivatu for the test against Wales this weekend is a disappointment. No argument with either suspension though, a dumb and dangerous tackle from Sivivatu and a brain explosion from Woodcock valid bans IMO.

Had to roll my eyes at the TMO - fancy putting a bloke who can't speak english to relay the message to a South African referee.

For New Zealand viewers, I'm sure you noticed the lack of Tony Johnson comments in the second half. He sounded really sick during the pre-match build-up and first half and when I didn't hear his voice for the better part of the second half, it didn't surprise me that he let Nisbett and Justin Marshall take over - for the record wasn't convinced on Marshall and would've prefered Fox or Mexted.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tuqiri signs for Tigers

From the BBC.

Good get for Leicester. They're down to the bare bones with injuries and international call-ups and short-term signings don't get much better than this. Added bonus of not being classed as overseas because of his Fijian passport.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't wanna tempt fate, but Leicester are leading the yarps 22-11 with a little over 20 mins to go.

Tigers tight five absolutely shredding the Boks.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Was at Twickers on Saturday (I think I'm a ****ing jinx, btw, the last three times I've seen us play the Wallabies there we've lost, but I missed 2005 and we won that) and the contrast with our bollock-handed scrum-half was very sharp.

Your defence won you the game tho, tackled like Trojans.