• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Cricket - Champions League Twenty20 2011 - Ready for your Team!

James

Cricket Web Owner
The Fantasy Cricket competition for Champions League Twenty20 2011 has been created and is ready for the entry of your team. The Champions League Twenty20 involves club teams from India, Australia, England, South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand and West Indies.

The Champions League Twenty20 starts on 19th September and finishes on 9th October.

For those of you that are new to the Fantasy Cricket concept, we would suggest you have a read through our Game Guide which explains everything to you. Remember once you create a team, you can even create your own mini competition exclusive to friends and family!

Once you are ready to go, head on in and Register and don't forget it costs you absolutely nothing! If you have registered in the past for Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket or Cricket Web CW Games, you can login to your account through the Fantasy Cricket frontpage.

Specific Details about the Competition

* Prizes will be announced within the next week or so.

* Free no cost modifications until 19th September.

* 100 modifications allowed once the competition starts

* A captaincy change will cost 5 modifications. As explained on the Game Guide page, your captain earns you double points, but you also lose double points.

* Details on how you score points can be found on the Points Summary page.

If you have any questions please feel free to lodge a support ticket.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Hi James, do I get it right that another registration apart from the forum one is required?
Being here as user "jan" I must create another "jan" on the fantasy cricket page?

Thanks

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hi Jan, yes you need to create another account for Fantasy Cricket. You can't use your Forum registration.

murtaza_nns

Cricket Spectator
Today I created my team before the start of 1st match of Champion League. Then before the start of second match and at the end of 2nd match I tried to change my team and all my transfers become pending for next day. How can I change my team for the 2nd match of the day? If I have to change it before the 1st match then it is not good because how I know the player I am choosing will play in second match or not as actual teams are announced after the toss?

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Because of the time scale of the tournament, there is no way you can change your team for the 2nd game of the day after play has started because results have to be entered before transfers are put through and there is now way that the team can guarantee putting the results in the small gap between games.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Not all rankings are going to be 100% correct (owing to not knowing every single player competing)

This was based on Martin's 27 wickets @ 21.88 whilst conceding 7.48 per over compared to Bates' 22 @ 26.04 whilst conceding 8.30.

murtaza_nns

Cricket Spectator
Because of the time scale of the tournament, there is no way you can change your team for the 2nd game of the day after play has started because results have to be entered before transfers are put through and there is now way that the team can guarantee putting the results in the small gap between games.
But many of the websites like Live Cricket Scores | Cricket news, statistics | ESPN Cricinfo, they offer to change player for the second match of the day then why you can't. They give the cut off time of each match and after that you can change your team for the next match. They update results within 30 to 60 minutes after the end of every match.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not all rankings are going to be 100% correct (owing to not knowing every single player competing)

This was based on Martin's 27 wickets @ 21.88 whilst conceding 7.48 per over compared to Bates' 22 @ 26.04 whilst conceding 8.30.
Martin has barely played any T20s for years.Didn't get a single start last season.

James

Cricket Web Owner
But many of the websites like Live Cricket Scores | Cricket news, statistics | ESPN Cricinfo, they offer to change player for the second match of the day then why you can't. They give the cut off time of each match and after that you can change your team for the next match. They update results within 30 to 60 minutes after the end of every match.
As Marc said with the transfers. It's also to make it fair to all players from all time zones. As it's the middle of the night for people in Australia and New Zealand and during work hours for people in most other countries, this way no one gets an unfair advantage no matter where they're based.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
They also employ people and pay them money to do it, makes things a bit easier. Now if James were prepared to pay me to work on Fantasy Cricket full time, I'd ensure all games were covered up to the minute, so long as he can match my current salary that is.

murtaza_nns

Cricket Spectator
Its not good. I choose Jos Butler and he is not playing. How I can decide whom to transfer in and whom to transfer out for the 2nd match?:@

satya.vig

Cricket Spectator
free modication for injury

Davey Jacobs of Mumbai Indians is injured and out of tournament.....so whn will i get 1 free modication for the same...????

James

Cricket Web Owner
Free modifications are only granted when a player is still within your team at the time of him being removed from selection.