• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Semi Final 2: Germany v Italy

Meridio

International Regular
Wtf has happened to Germany's defence? Looking decidedly dodgy.

Good finish from Balotelli though. Don't know why you'd take your shirt off though when you know it's a yellow card. So, so dumb.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wtf has happened to Germany's defence? Looking decidedly dodgy.

Good finish from Balotelli though. Don't know why you'd take your shirt off though when you know it's a yellow card. So, so dumb.

You clearly don't follow Mario's work.

**** it I'm writing off the Germans:ph34r:

cpr

International Coach

Trying to apply logic to Mario's thought process I see. Good luck with that.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Klose and Muller to appear soon surely. Germany not looked right at all.

Also, is it just me, or is Holger Badstuber rubbish? I've only ever seen him play in International Tournaments and for Bayern in the Champions League over the last few years, but I've never been impressed, and he's looked pretty ropey tonight.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Well, I know he's a total muppet and all, but still...
.. and you're still dead right. One unlucky yellow card for a mistimed tackle and Italy are down to 10 me. And it's not as if Germany have never pulled back two goals before.

Two fine goals though.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Never a good move. You can probably recall as many two-goal comebacks from Germany in big games as I can.
I luckily can't remember '70, actually probably want germany to win, not as strongly as some, but Italian football sucks, so if I have egg on my face I'll live.

Sensible move taking Mario off, makes it less interesting to watch though.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I luckily can't remember '70, actually probably want germany to win, not as strongly as some, but Italian football sucks, so if I have egg on my face I'll live.
There's been a few since then. 1976 Euro final, 1982 WC semifinal, 1986 WC final all spring immediately to mind. Maybe 1974 WC quarter final as well? Plus the 1954 WC final, so I'm told. It's just what they do.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
BTW it was written in the stars that Italy would win the tournament as soon as the matchfixing story broke.

Our clean sheet against them looks impressive now IMO :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ah of course

Still irritates me that they won that one, and it was ten years before I was born

Meridio

International Regular
Germans don't look much like scoring. Another Italy goal on the break looks more likely.