• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XIV Discussion and Results

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Crap bowling performenace by myself lucky the rest of the bowlers pulled up my slack so we could win the game :p And nice work to Cole and Hutchinson with the bat to get us to that total

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fairly pleased with my own performance there. Good bowling from Quinn and Wright in the last couple of overs, but very disappointing Kearsley and I couldn't quite get us over the line.

I blame Jamee.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Good effort by Black. Nice to see Cloete hit some early form and Speirs continues to make runs. Indifferent effort by our bowling attack, but congrats to Burge for bowling Brian Lara. :)

Josh

International Regular
Green team, begin drinking away your troubles...

NOW

Oh wait, we haven't finished drinking away last season's yet...

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Glad to see my batting is in good nick, with a fifty in both games i've played, wouldn't mind a few more wickets though. Good performances by the Colts all round so far, looks good for the season proper.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Fairly pleased with my own performance there. Good bowling from Quinn and Wright in the last couple of overs, but very disappointing Kearsley and I couldn't quite get us over the line.

I blame Jamee.
Yeah, that was **** from the top of the order. Hopefully it was just pre-season and out-of-form stuff.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Captains take note...

For the season proper, teams should name a reserve pool of bowlers in addition to their first string lineup. These bowlers would be used in desperate circumstances, when the first string bowlers aren't working. As all captains should know by now, I don't use any bowler who is not listed.

Example:

JR Gray
JA Robertson
DA Kearsley
ZJ Ritchie
+H Mørk
JJD Heads
S Singh (4)
MP West (5)
GN Nayak (3)
DM Kennett (1)
SV Raghav (2)

Reserves: Kearsley, Ritchie, Heads

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In light of Matt Prior's England commitments, he has withdrawn from the Masters XI squad. He will be replaced by Australian wicketkeeper Luke Ronchi.