• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*MVP Vote*

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
hehe if u look anything like that guy in ur avatar mate, i'm scared and don't ever want to meet u. but nah don't take it personally. if u weren't a red i'd want to fight u

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
These are my votes. As Liam said, these are for the person who meant the most to his team, not neccisarily the best player, which looks like many people are overlooking that fact.

5D

1. David Kennett - For only playing 16 FC games in the season, a total of 82 wickets is amazing. At a great average and econ, its not a hard choice for me. Plus a top notch bloke in the process. He did his fair share for the Reds, and we looked a dominant side when he had the ball in his hands.

2. Nathan Hoy - This bloke meant the world to Greens, combined with the bowling of Xavier Rose, he helped Greens huge amounts. Handy batter, and more then decent bowler. Great all round performance from him in his rookie year.

3. Samuel Vimes - Was the only player for Reds to play the full 22 games. That in itself is doing alot for the team. A slow and steady performer (emphasis on SLOW) Vimes held Reds top order together, when players may have fallen around him. His low SR meant he could form solid partnerships with other players by holding his end, and letting his partner score freely. His keeping skills was 2nd best in the comp, and that combined with his solid batting made him an easy selection for me. Without him, Reds would of struggled more then they did, and that, is a true team player.

OD

1. Loony Bob - When his Green team mates went off to represent the CW XI in various forms, he played his role on the field and off the field beautifully. His off field support for Greens alone was top notch, and while Greens lacked the stars, he did his best to group them together, and get them to play as a team. Stats-wise he wasnt the best, but he did his bit for the team, and alot more.

2. Zaid Ghansar - Saved many games, on times with his bowling, other times with his batting. I can only recall the 1 shocking game all season, but he made up for it with his solid performances throughout the season. If the top order collapsed, he was there. If the bowling failed, he was there. True backbone of the team.

3. Tom Halsey - Held the Blues up in the bowling department, did his bit for the team day in day out. Only two 4 wicket hauls, and a BB of 4/33 showed he wasnt flashy in taking his wickets, but he was solid throughout the season. Which is exactly what a captain would ask for , someone who takes 2 or 3 wickets per game, most games. That helps the team hugely.

That just about sums up my votes. But congrats to all who were mentioned, just to get recognition from your captain in a nomination is a top effort indeed.

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
FC:

1) Nathan Hoy – handy batter down the order but was far more important with the ball – with which he was fantastic all season. Top all-rounder in the making.
2) Dave Kennett – the Reds were really struggling until he came into the scene and his numbers are really impressive. Had he not come into the scene, the Reds might still be in serious turmoil.
3) Sudeep – leg-spinning all-rounder who has really been match winning at times this season. Handy middle/lower order batsman, and a bowling average of 24 is good any day. Bowling faded a bit towards the end of the season, but the early season form was enough to get a vote from me.
Honourable mention to Nath Patrick, who was outstanding for the Blues this year, and while his average wasn’t fantastic, his strike rate was fantastic – which for an opening bowler is often more important. I’d take 2/60 off 15 over 2/50 off 20 from an opening quick bowler anyway.

OD:

1) Tom Halsey – in all honesty, I can’t remember one game where I didn’t play at all well in OD’s all season. A bowling average of under 20 I’m very proud of and an economy rate of 4.4 for a leggie in OD cricket is very good IMO.
2) Nathan Hoy – bowling was even better in OD than FC, which is no mean feat considering his FC numbers. Again a handy batsman, but a best of 6/30 shows that his main strength lies with the ball with which he is at times unplayable.
3) A Massive Zebra – don’t see how anyone can look past him. Neil-like batting average, but 2 4-wicket halls and 1 5-wicket haul coupled with 18 other wickets all at 17.75 is highly impressive.
Honourable mention to Nath Patrick again, who would have been in my OD 3 had he been in the nominations. Purely because I couldn’t have done what I did if he hadn’t have been taking wickets at the other end.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
2. Write-in: steds (I'm not sure on his CW name... Ian Markus?), for his intense support for the CW Reds team - I don't think anyone can match him in enthusiasm, that's for sure. :p
*giggles uncontrollably* :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Thankyou, thankyou. Autographs later :p

(I'm not sure on his CW name... Ian Markus?)
Nah, it's just steds

steds

Hall of Fame Member
5D
1)Vimes - He's the reds main man. You can always count on 400 balls faced per match, even when the rest of us are falling like nine pins. 61 catches, aswell
2)Hoy - The wickets just kept falling
3)Kennett - Part of Reds' other saving grace in the 5D season, the pace trio. I have chosen Kennett to represent Dave and Mr Wright, aswell as himself. All three performed brilliantly at key points in the season, especially Kennett.

OD
1)Tom Halsey - Did very well in the OD tournament. Also because he shouted at me over MSN when I voted for Broncoman for 25Smash player, citing betrayal of LSU.
2)Zaid Ghansar - His allround performances this season were key. Also, I really wanted to vote for another Red player.
3)LoonyBob - He voted for me

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Can't see how i didn't get nominated.Winning doesn't matter but not even a nomination.Wow!!Sorry if I did somethng wrong.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
5D
1. Nathan Hoy- Great allround andseason
2.Cloete- Great batting and season
3.Sam Vimes- Good 'keeping and season

OD
1.Blewy- Lots of runs
2.Loony Bob- Great supporter
3.Nathan Hoy- Good season

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Right, seeing as it's meaning most to their team, I'll go for the following:

David Kennett - that many wickets at that average is sensational, and it's a pity I didn't start him in the first few games.
Nathan Hoy - a few less wickets, but a very useful lower order bat.
Sam Vimes - Opener, Keeper, scores runs, Norwegian/Belgian.

And for One Day:

Zaid Ghansar - before the season we were touted as having the best All Rounder in this form, but it wasn't meant to be him - a superb performer.
BK Smith - that number of runs is pretty hard to replace.
Nathan Hoy - again, wickets and lower order runs swing it.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
David Kennett - that many wickets at that average is sensational, and it's a pity I didn't start him in the first few games.
Maybe if you had of listened to someone at the start of the season :p

roseboy64 said:
Can't see how i didn't get nominated.Winning doesn't matter but not even a nomination.Wow!!Sorry if I did somethng wrong.
Face it, your not going to win something for once.

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
i do read :)

Samuel_Vimes said:
:wacko: What are they known for? Chocolate?

Edit: Oh, and happy birthday to Zaid too - guess he doesn't read OT, so might as well say it here :)
Thanks a lot for the wishes :D
thanks a lot for the votes too guys

biased indian

International Coach
5D
1. Nathan Hoy- Allrounder of the season
2.Sam Vimes- Fastest scoring keeper after gilchrist!!!
2.Cloete- for his outstanding batting

OD
1.Blewy- run run run run
2.Nathan Hoy- Good season
3.Loony Bob- good debut