• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Charity Matches

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
id play but i dont want to suffer burn out, us top players need to rest up in our mansions and look after our super model girlfriends at every possible opportunity....

cbuts

International Debutant
thewizard1o1 said:
What about Northern Hemisphere vs Southern Hemisphere based players or something of the like...

Bob i would be interested in any game that is getting organised.
sounds good, id suggested that for a game in the next season.

maybe it could be for the anti-nikhil cause?

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
bugs raises his hand, always up to help out charity...........

i even have a sponsor for it if you like

my work!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bugssy said:
bugs raises his hand, always up to help out charity...........

i even have a sponsor for it if you like

my work!
will they rig it, just like they do with the nrl?

Loony BoB

International Captain
cbuts said:
sounds good, id suggested that for a game in the next season.

maybe it could be for the anti-nikhil cause?
I'd be hoping that this could get our minds off that stuff. :p

So we have 23 players so far...

Loony BoB
KennyD
Jamee999
superkingdave
thewizard101
steds
age_master
Mister Wright
Nnanden
Adamc
ash chaulk
masterblaster
AUST_HiTMaN
Paid The Umpire
kears_falcon_9
Ferd
Mr. P
Samuel Vimes
cbuts
Majin
Slats4ever
Andre
bugssy

I'm not sure if Liam wants to play? Anyway, we'll need a couple of volunteers to be 12th man in the first game as 23 players is obviously already past the two teams of 11. :) Now, to split those teams evenly (hopefully with an even spread of CW colours in each team)... anyone willing to help me out here? :D

Loony BoB

International Captain
No worries then. :)

Loony BoB
KennyD
Jamee999
superkingdave
thewizard101
steds
age_master
Mister Wright
Nnanden
Adamc
ash chaulk
masterblaster
AUST_HiTMaN
Paid The Umpire
kears_falcon_9
Ferd
Mr. P
Samuel Vimes
cbuts
Majin
Slats4ever
Andre
bugssy
Mr Mxyzptlk (12th Man)

One more volunteer needed for the other 12th Man position and we can start dividing the players up (although I guess this can be done at the end of the season, organised by final rankings or something of the sort).

So, what length of game should be played, or should these teams play more than one match?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Andre said:
I'll play if it's just token matches....I'll even dust off the old iron gloves :)
Wanna share them with me and Ash? Could be confusing? ;)

Unless of course you want to behold the "Vimes Pie" - specially designed to break the head of third slip without bouncing...

Loony BoB

International Captain
After a little bit of looking around, it looks like we have seven players from each of Red and Black and five from each of Blue and Green. We should try for a 4-3-3-2 mix for each team if we can pull it off with the teams staying fairly even.

On a sidenote, what do people think of another charity match, this time a 'Champions Charity Match' where all the 11 top ranked bowlers and 11 top ranked batsmen are spread into two teams for a truly top class match and a showcasing of the best of the best CW Dev League has to offer?