• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Charity Matches

Loony BoB

International Captain
It'd be an honour to play a game with any such legends - if anyone's able to contact them pointing them to this thread, that'd be great.

EDIT: Here's a revised listing of who has posted in this thread (aside from broncoman who has stated his reasons for not wishing to play in his post :p).

Loony BoB
KennyD
Jamee999
superkingdave
thewizard101
steds
age_master
Mister Wright
Nnanden
Adamc
ash chaulk
masterblaster
AUST_HiTMaN
Paid The Umpire
kears_falcon_9
Ferd
Mr. P
Samuel Vimes
cbuts
Majin
Slats4ever
Andre
bugssy
Mr Mxyzptlk
biased indian
marc71178
Neil Pickup
lord of darkness

Should be good fun, hopefully we'll be able to arrange it so everyone gets a game. :)

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
age_master said:
there is probably close to enough if you count part timers and inactive players
let me see:
Vimes
Andre
Don
Jamee
Eyes only
Adil dewan
black keeper 1
black keeper 2
blue keeper 1
blue keeper 2
myself

there is probably a couple more too
Guess I might be counted in that as I'm no longer a CW XI player so I'm available.

I'm also up for playing a charity game if I'm required.

Another thing you could do is have batsmen being bowlers and and bowlers being batsmen so basically people get to something different! Just a suggestion of course. :)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey Loony. I had a chat to Rik on MSN yesterday morning and he said he'd be sweet with selecting a tribute side. I don't have LE's contacts, so if someone else could get onto him that would be good.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
First we should rank the players in either 1,2,3,4 etc. or 5 groups.

28 Players. 6 groups of 5 with 2 having 4?

Loony BoB Group 6
KennyD Group 6
biased indian Group 4
superkingdave Group 4
thewizard101 Group 5
steds Group 5
age_master Group 3
Mister Wright Group 1
Nnanden Group 4
Adamc Group 5
ash chaulk Group 20
masterblaster Group 3
AUST_HiTMaN Group 2
Paid The Umpire Group 6
kears_falcon_9 Group 6
Ferd Group 5
Mr. P Group 1
Samuel Vimes Group 4
cbuts Group 3
Majin Group 5
Slats4ever Group 3
Andre Group 2
bugssy Group 1
Mr Mxyzptlk Group 2
Jamee999 Group 4
marc71178 Group 1
Neil Pickup Group 1
lord of darkness Group 2

That's

Group 1

Neil Pickup
Marc71178
Bugssy
Mr.P
Mister Wright

Group 2

Lord of Darkness
Mr Mxyzptlk
Andre+
Dave
Ash Chaulk+

Group 3

Slats4eva
cbuts
masterblaster
agemaster

Group 4

Jamee999+
Samuel Vimes+
Nath Patrick
superkingdave
biased indian

Group 5

Majin
Ferd
adamc
Steds

Group 6

Kears Falcon
Paid The Umpire
KennyD
LoonyBoB.

2 teams of 9 to start with and a pool of 8 players who are drafted each round and can only be drafted twice! 4 match series IMO 2 FC,1 OD and a Smash.

Here are my PROPOSALS

Neil Pickup IX
Neil Pickup*
Buggsy
Mr.Wright
MrMxyzptlk
Dave
Slats4eva
masterblaster
Jame999
Nath Patrick

Andre IX
Marc71178
Mr P.
Lord of Darkness.
Andre*
Ash Chaulk
agemaster
cbuts
Samuel Vimes
superkingdave

Pool.

biased indian
majin
adamC
Steds
Kears Falcon
Paid the umpire
KennyD
LoonyBoB

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
I don't get a single bit of how you sorted out that last post, sorry... I figured we'd just wait 'til the end of the season and order the players in order of them posting in this thread. Since they're charity matches, it should be an opportunity for the newer players rather than just another game for them to watch since "they weren't picked because they weren't in the top grouping". The second game can be for the second set of 22 players, and the third game can be for the 22 after that (once you get to the bottom of the list, you'd go back to the top). If we get three more players - two if we include Rik as he's said he's happy to participate - we can have 32 players used over four charity matches, each of them playing three games - a fair share all around. I figure they'd be OD games, since most charity matches are, however we could always put that to a quick vote or something.

On top of that, we could have the Dev League Batting XI vs. the Dev League Bowling XI, with the top eleven batsmen taking on the top eleven bowlers.

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
I don't suppose two more CW Blue players and one more CW Green player would like to sign up for a few charity matches in the off season? I have room for eight players from each CW colour, I'm currently lacking two Blues and one Green. :)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Following the above post up, as the main thing I'd like to do in all of this is mix up the leagues, I figure it would be easiest to use groups by sorting them into fours (once we have 32 players), each four having one player of each colour. The eight groups of four could then play against each other in the following setups...

123 vs. 567
412 vs. 678
341 vs. 785
234 vs. 856

This means we'd have 4 players from each CW colour making 16 for Team A and another 16 would be made for Team B. Everyone would get the chance to play alongside twelve different players from CW Dev League opposition teams and also the chance to play against four of their own teammates at the same time.

Going by alphabetical order, the teams could be something similar to...

Code:
TEAM A
Username	CW Team Colour	Group No.
ash chaulk	Black		1
Adamc		Blue		1
age_master	Green		1
Andre		Red		1
cbuts		Black		2
KennyD		Blue		2
biased indian	Green		2
AUST_HiTMaN	Red		2
Ferd		Black		3
Mr Mxyzptlk	Blue		3
Jamee999	Green		3
bugssy		Red		3
kears_falcon_9	Black		4
Nnanden		Blue		4
Loony BoB	Green		4
marc71178	Red		4

TEAM B
Username	CW Team Colour	Group No.
masterblaster	Black		5
Paid The Umpire	Blue		5
lord of darknessGreen		5
Mister Wright	Red		5
Mr. P		Black		6
PY		Blue		6
Majin		Green		6
Samuel Vimes	Red		6
Neil Pickup	Black		7
???1		Blue		7
thewizard101	Green		7
Slats4ever	Red		7
superkingdave	Black		8
???2		Blue		8
???3		Green		8
steds		Red		8
That's just an example, though - I have a good idea of how to sort them once we find out who our last few players will be.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Cheers, mate. One more CW Blue player to go and we're done and dusted as far as the 32 players for four charity matches go.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Alright! Thanks, Sudeep. Glad that's sorted. Now, could players from each team give me a rough batting order to work with (obviously for their own team), using the below players? Just re-order them from opener onwards.

CW BLACK
ash chaulk
cbuts
Ferd
kears_falcon_9
masterblaster
Mr. P
Neil Pickup
superkingdave

CW BLUE
Adamc
broncoman
KennyD
Mr Mxyzptlk
Nnanden
Paid The Umpire
PY
Sudeep

CW GREEN
age_master
biased indian
Jamee999
Loony BoB
lord of darkness
Majin
roseboy64
thewizard101

CW RED
Andre
AUST_HiTMaN
bugssy
marc71178
Mister Wright
Samuel Vimes
Slats4ever
steds

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
CW Blue: (other blue players, feel free to argue)

Broncoman
PY
KennyD
Sudeep
Paid the Umpire
Mr Mxyzptlk
Adam
Natty P

masterblaster

International Captain
CW Black In Batting Order

Ferd (opening batsman)
cbuts (opening/top order batsman)
kears_falcon_9 (middle order batsman)
ash chaulk (wicketkeeper/batsman)
superkingdave (bowling all rounder)
masterblaster (lower order bowling all rounder)
Mr. P (bowler)
Neil Pickup (bowler)

Hope that helps!

Sudeep

International Captain
Nnanden said:
CW Blue: (other blue players, feel free to argue)

Broncoman
PY
KennyD
Sudeep
Paid the Umpire
Mr Mxyzptlk
Adam
Natty P
KennyD opens too, doesn't he?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Depends on the form of the game but.

biased indian
LooneyBoB
age_master*
Jamee999+
lord of darkness
Majin
roseboy64
thewizard101

Possible apoligies to Majin, Lord and Xavier.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
I don't get a single bit of how you sorted out that last post, sorry... I figured we'd just wait 'til the end of the season and order the players in order of them posting in this thread. Since they're charity matches, it should be an opportunity for the newer players rather than just another game for them to watch since "they weren't picked because they weren't in the top grouping". The second game can be for the second set of 22 players, and the third game can be for the 22 after that (once you get to the bottom of the list, you'd go back to the top). If we get three more players - two if we include Rik as he's said he's happy to participate - we can have 32 players used over four charity matches, each of them playing three games - a fair share all around. I figure they'd be OD games, since most charity matches are, however we could always put that to a quick vote or something.

On top of that, we could have the Dev League Batting XI vs. the Dev League Bowling XI, with the top eleven batsmen taking on the top eleven bowlers.
My thinking is now that with 30 players we could have 3 teams of 11 if we find 3 more players and we could go for a Triangular Tournament. The Rik XI, The Neil Pickup XI and the Andre XI. Everyone would get 4 or 6 games the top 2 teams get 3 more: the finals!

Rookies would play with CWXI Greats like Pickup, Marc and Andre while there would be rivarlry between the top players.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
CW RED in order (assuming a one day)
bugssy (bowls a few overs)
Slats (bowls a few less than him above)
marc71178 (bowls a couple more than him above)
Andre (bowls if you're desperate)
steds (bowls a fair few)
AUST_HiTMaN (opens bowling and likes to think he can pinch-hit - but he's less successful than Afridi)
Mister Wright (Solid 10 over bowler, has now worked out which end of the bat to hold)
Samuel Vimes (scores about 1 run every 3 weeks in OD, but doesn't get out, keeps wicket)