Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* CW XI Media Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by jamee999
    It was announced as a prediction before the squads were realeased.

well that makes me feel even better than what i already do lol
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_of_darkness
    is that a personal insult

i was signed in here to be a frontline spinner - offie.. but someone baptized me somewhere along un intentionally and im stuck half way..
    Lol.

I gathered you were originakky frontline, judging by your signature, but your Test bowling average is nothing to write home about is it?
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    but your Test bowling average is nothing to write home about is it?
    yea its something more neil would have realistically if he put more effort into his cricket and in his prime :P
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

wish the daily daisy, had been right, but ahwell. very happy to have made the 'A' team. im usre ill take my chance with both hands, and hope to be putting the pressure on you ugys in the the top team!

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Who's got our broadcasting rights?Doesn't anyone want to be interviewed.What happened Jaimee?(not talking about me,not necessarily)
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

yer that would be a great idea, can the daily news papers do some interviews with the top CWXI and the CWA touring sides. would be a good read.

all you would have is the same sort of question sand email it out to the person and they can email it back and then have it in the paper.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Daily Blast

A Closer Look : Tom Halsey
    by Berry True

Q: What are your expectations ahead of your maiden voyage with the CW XI?

TH: I hope to get a warmup match, and dont really have any expectations to play any Tests, but if I do well in the warmup match and get selected, then great.

Q: What do you hope to achieve on this tour?

TH: I hope to play good cricket. If that means playing that good cricket in a Test, then even better.

Q: What are your thoughts on Neil Pickup as a player?

TH: I think he is a great bowler. People who say that he's only played well on the subcontinent cant know much about the game. He was brilliant in the World Cup, and on that India trip, no matter how helpful the pitch, to dismiss those great players takes skill.

Q: Do you consider him a role model?

TH: To other legspinners in Nixontown, yes.

Q: So you would embrace the opportunity to be his room mate in Pakistan despite his notorious touring reputation?

TH: Not so sure about that one...but all I will say is his cricket skill is what he should be judged on.

Q: What are your thoughts on the inclusion of Toogood, Rose and Jellett alongside you in the squad?

TH: They all thoroughly deserve it. Toogood has been outstanding for the Greens this season. Jellet slightly suprised me, but that doesn't mean he didnt deserve it. Rose was at first brilliant. He has been out of form of late, but I'm sure he can recapture that in Pakistan.

Q:What are your thoughts on the Ian Markus drug scandal?

TH: I don't see what evidence there was to convict him there. Wasn't it innocent until proven guilty?

I was glad the CWBCC publicly defended him.

Q: And what about the so-called "Nichanigate" incident?

TH: I think that was a farce if ever there was one. He should be banned for life. He was proven guilty, and THAT cannot be tolerated.

Q: Before the WC, Blewy was photographed around Australia with American actress Jessica Alba. What are your thoughts on this romance?

TH: It has nothing to do with cricket. Enough said. Blewy can do what he wants away from the game.

Q: What comments do you have regarding the photographs of you and Tracy Ulman around the UK?

TH: I hadnt even previously heard about this. I dont know where it came from. Could you possibly inform me?

Ah the innocent face. Well played.

Thank you for joining me today Tom, and good luck in Pakistan.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Captains Statement

There have been a few instances in recent times of players complaining about selection/non selection in squads etc..

The selection process is a thourough one and to all the players who feel hard done by all i say is that YOU yourself need to standup and be accountable...

Some young guys have proven that performances on the board get results.. Some players have also had a crack at the big time and have come up short, just because you put a few good runs or wickets on the board doesn't mean you jump straight back up the pecking order. Work hard, and the recognition will come..

This is not directed at anyone in particular but i as the captain feel that players need to know where they stand, and i again issue this open offer for anyone unsure of where they stand in the CW system or how they are looked at, to come to me and i will offer some advice or info as to where you stand and what you need to do...

Blewy
    CW XI Captain

School Boy/Girl Cricketer spikeypineapple's Avatar
    well put cap its bout time u said somefin bout this crap
    im better then him, hes better than me
    askin for an opportunity is rather but a plea
    look for form in the dev comp and the a side
    selection panels look at form not cos somebody cried
    enjoyin my cw xI playin time
    tryin to make what was others now mine
    but i aint mean to step on toes
    im jus glad to be here, anything goes
    heres to a great season and some extrodinary tests
    ppl give us a reason to prove we are de best
    werd

International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    "TiGht"
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blewy
    Captains Statement

There have been a few instances in recent times of players complaining about selection/non selection in squads etc..

The selection process is a thourough one and to all the players who feel hard done by all i say is that YOU yourself need to standup and be accountable...

Some young guys have proven that performances on the board get results.. Some players have also had a crack at the big time and have come up short, just because you put a few good runs or wickets on the board doesn't mean you jump straight back up the pecking order. Work hard, and the recognition will come..

This is not directed at anyone in particular but i as the captain feel that players need to know where they stand, and i again issue this open offer for anyone unsure of where they stand in the CW system or how they are looked at, to come to me and i will offer some advice or info as to where you stand and what you need to do...

Blewy
    CW XI Captain
    Good stuff Blewy. That needed to be said.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    CricketWeb Times
    Thursday, 4th June, 2004 - Fourth Issue
    Board miss the mark in warm-up
    John Bronson

The CricketWeb Board of Cricket Control are once again coming under fire for their conduct in the wake of the opening game of the tour of Pakistan against the Faisalabad Regional XI.

This reporter may be considered an old-school student of the great game of cricket, but aren't warm-up matches supposed to be about rotating duties in order to gain match practice?

Firstly, a three-day game is hardly sufficient for an entire team to get some time in the middle should the unforeseen happen, and secondly, when it's 312/3, maybe it would be an idea to use a further bowler once in a while.

The sole purpose of the Faisalabad game seems to have been to baby-sit Jason Toogood into the International arena. Whilst undoubtedly talented, the fact that one man can bat at number three and take the role of a main bowler is surely against the point of a team warm-up?

There were several alternative bowling options in the side that really ought to have been used rather than persisting with the utterly ineffectual main line, in particular Hoitink and Halsey, and then to allow the same man having bowled 20 overs to bat at three rather than allow other fringe batsmen more time to establish their places does raise questions.

Whilst the selection panel was reformed in the revolt of November, it's still difficult to see the accountability of the coach and the in-game selection decisions. It's hard enough to win in Pakistan as it is without ineffective leadership.

Onwards and Upwards...
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    I'll accept some of the blame for that.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer spikeypineapple's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    The sole purpose of the Faisalabad game seems to have been to baby-sit Jason Toogood into the International arena. Whilst undoubtedly talented, the fact that one man can bat at number three and take the role of a main bowler is surely against the point of a team warm-up?

There were several alternative bowling options in the side that really ought to have been used rather than persisting with the utterly ineffectual main line, in particular Hoitink and Halsey, and then to allow the same man having bowled 20 overs to bat at three rather than allow other fringe batsmen more time to establish their places does raise questions.
    i earnt my spot in the CWXI as a batsmen it, so it would be clear that my duties as a bowler need to be refined and perfected. Obviously the cap would not bowl me if they did not have plans for me (hence batting at 7) as more of a bowler who can bat. i am quite happy playing any role the team wishes upon me
    Guess whose backkkkkk??

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    CricketWeb Times
    Thursday, 4th June, 2004 - Fourth Issue
    Board miss the mark in warm-up
    John Bronson

The CricketWeb Board of Cricket Control are once again coming under fire for their conduct in the wake of the opening game of the tour of Pakistan against the Faisalabad Regional XI.

This reporter may be considered an old-school student of the great game of cricket, but aren't warm-up matches supposed to be about rotating duties in order to gain match practice?

Firstly, a three-day game is hardly sufficient for an entire team to get some time in the middle should the unforeseen happen, and secondly, when it's 312/3, maybe it would be an idea to use a further bowler once in a while.

Whilst the selection panel was reformed in the revolt of November, it's still difficult to see the accountability of the coach and the in-game selection decisions. It's hard enough to win in Pakistan as it is without ineffective leadership.

Onwards and Upwards...
    Lets make one thing clear - some of the selection panel were not happy with the idea of a 3 day match (Liam and I had a run in about it) or the side selected. Yet, sadly, in a majority rules case, I am at a loss to chance the fixtures despite being on the panel.

Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread Information