• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
jamee999 said:
DAILY DAISY
Today's Issue-Issue 1
The Tour Squad

The World Cup held some surprises for the CWXI.
This makes the Tour Squad to Pakistan and Bangladsh all the more interesting.

Openers.

With 3 openers being needed the CWXI have 1 steady and expericenced opener: Rich_2001. He would go anywhere and is the first name on the tour list. Buggsy,Rich's partner in the World Cup has experience on the big stage and can bowl. Eclipse is a very good and classy batsman to go on tour and can bat well in the Middle Order and goes in. Broncoman has dropped down and away from contention.

Middle Order.

The middle order has 2 players who walk in:Captain Blewy and vice Cloete,Marc71178 had a succesful World Cup and should also go.
In the Devs 4 batman have batted themselves towards the 2 places,Jason Toogood,C Buts,Ian Markus and Patrick Fisher. Toogood has smashed the Dev.League with out fail and has booked his place on the plane. Ian Markus should go as ODI backup and this leaves Buts and Fisher the Blues players'.
Buts has been consistent and should go to Bangladesh and Pakistan.

Wicket Keepers.

3 'keepers are in contention,The Test only PY,the handy with the gloves and with the bat along with the inexperienced Ash Chaulk who has been hitting the Dev's to pieces and taking the catches and stumpings well.
I think Eyes_Only will go as 1st keeper with Chaulk getting a reward for an entertaining season,PY will go to England with the "A" Team to try to regain some form.

Pace Bowlers.

3 players who went to the World Cup have taken 3 of the 5 places,Mr.'s Ponting,Wright and Mxyzptlk,they will be joined by young hero Xavier Rose who has been taking wickets easily this year,also threatening is youngster Dave who is threatening expereienced Lucky Eddie and Top Cat,Dave should get in though.

Spinners.

Neil Pickup has for so long been the CWXI's only frontline spinner but now has a fellow leggie-Tom Halsey- to go on tour-however another spinner is still being searched for and anyone as far a field as A Massive Zebra but I believe that Rik could go for the ODI's and be replaced by Langveldt for the Tests.

The Daily Daisy squad is as follows

1/ Blewy(cptn)
2/ Cloete(vc)
3/ Eyes_Only(wk)
4/ Ash Chaulk(wk)
5/ Rich_2001
6/ Buggsy
7/ Eclipse
8/ Marc71178
9/ Jason Toogood
10/ C Buts
11/ Mr.Ponting
12/ Mr.Wright
13/ Mr.Mxyzptlk
14/ Xavier Rose
15/ Dave
16/ Neil Pickup
17/ Tom Halsey
18/ Lord of Darkness(Tests), Rik(ODI's)

More views,news and perhaps interviews from the Cricket Web XI world soon.

whats this team for, where the cwx1 and cwa tour tema sallready announced.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I would go for Rueben's part time
is that a personal insult ;)

i was signed in here to be a frontline spinner - offie.. but someone baptized me somewhere along un intentionally and im stuck half way..

Tom Halsey

International Coach
lord_of_darkness said:
is that a personal insult ;)

i was signed in here to be a frontline spinner - offie.. but someone baptized me somewhere along un intentionally and im stuck half way..
Lol.

I gathered you were originakky frontline, judging by your signature, but your Test bowling average is nothing to write home about is it? :p

cbuts

International Debutant
wish the daily daisy, had been right, but ahwell. very happy to have made the 'A' team. im usre ill take my chance with both hands, and hope to be putting the pressure on you ugys in the the top team!

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Who's got our broadcasting rights?Doesn't anyone want to be interviewed.What happened Jaimee?(not talking about me,not necessarily)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yer that would be a great idea, can the daily news papers do some interviews with the top CWXI and the CWA touring sides. would be a good read.

all you would have is the same sort of question sand email it out to the person and they can email it back and then have it in the paper. :cool:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Daily Blast

A Closer Look : Tom Halsey
by Berry True

Q: What are your expectations ahead of your maiden voyage with the CW XI?

TH: I hope to get a warmup match, and dont really have any expectations to play any Tests, but if I do well in the warmup match and get selected, then great.

Q: What do you hope to achieve on this tour?

TH: I hope to play good cricket. If that means playing that good cricket in a Test, then even better.

Q: What are your thoughts on Neil Pickup as a player?

TH: I think he is a great bowler. People who say that he's only played well on the subcontinent cant know much about the game. He was brilliant in the World Cup, and on that India trip, no matter how helpful the pitch, to dismiss those great players takes skill.

Q: Do you consider him a role model?

TH: To other legspinners in Nixontown, yes.

Q: So you would embrace the opportunity to be his room mate in Pakistan despite his notorious touring reputation?

TH: Not so sure about that one...but all I will say is his cricket skill is what he should be judged on.

Q: What are your thoughts on the inclusion of Toogood, Rose and Jellett alongside you in the squad?

TH: They all thoroughly deserve it. Toogood has been outstanding for the Greens this season. Jellet slightly suprised me, but that doesn't mean he didnt deserve it. Rose was at first brilliant. He has been out of form of late, but I'm sure he can recapture that in Pakistan.

Q:What are your thoughts on the Ian Markus drug scandal?

TH: I don't see what evidence there was to convict him there. Wasn't it innocent until proven guilty?

I was glad the CWBCC publicly defended him.

Q: And what about the so-called "Nichanigate" incident?

TH: I think that was a farce if ever there was one. He should be banned for life. He was proven guilty, and THAT cannot be tolerated.

Q: Before the WC, Blewy was photographed around Australia with American actress Jessica Alba. What are your thoughts on this romance?

TH: It has nothing to do with cricket. Enough said. Blewy can do what he wants away from the game.

Q: What comments do you have regarding the photographs of you and Tracy Ulman around the UK?

TH: I hadnt even previously heard about this. I dont know where it came from. Could you possibly inform me?

Ah the innocent face. Well played.

Thank you for joining me today Tom, and good luck in Pakistan.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Captains Statement

There have been a few instances in recent times of players complaining about selection/non selection in squads etc..

The selection process is a thourough one and to all the players who feel hard done by all i say is that YOU yourself need to standup and be accountable...

Some young guys have proven that performances on the board get results.. Some players have also had a crack at the big time and have come up short, just because you put a few good runs or wickets on the board doesn't mean you jump straight back up the pecking order. Work hard, and the recognition will come..

This is not directed at anyone in particular but i as the captain feel that players need to know where they stand, and i again issue this open offer for anyone unsure of where they stand in the CW system or how they are looked at, to come to me and i will offer some advice or info as to where you stand and what you need to do...

Blewy
CW XI Captain

spikeypineapple

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
well put cap its bout time u said somefin bout this crap
im better then him, hes better than me
askin for an opportunity is rather but a plea
look for form in the dev comp and the a side
selection panels look at form not cos somebody cried
enjoyin my cw xI playin time
tryin to make what was others now mine
but i aint mean to step on toes
im jus glad to be here, anything goes
heres to a great season and some extrodinary tests
ppl give us a reason to prove we are de best
werd

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blewy said:
Captains Statement

There have been a few instances in recent times of players complaining about selection/non selection in squads etc..

The selection process is a thourough one and to all the players who feel hard done by all i say is that YOU yourself need to standup and be accountable...

Some young guys have proven that performances on the board get results.. Some players have also had a crack at the big time and have come up short, just because you put a few good runs or wickets on the board doesn't mean you jump straight back up the pecking order. Work hard, and the recognition will come..

This is not directed at anyone in particular but i as the captain feel that players need to know where they stand, and i again issue this open offer for anyone unsure of where they stand in the CW system or how they are looked at, to come to me and i will offer some advice or info as to where you stand and what you need to do...

Blewy
CW XI Captain
Good stuff Blewy. That needed to be said.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
CricketWeb Times
Thursday, 4th June, 2004 - Fourth Issue
Board miss the mark in warm-up
John Bronson

The CricketWeb Board of Cricket Control are once again coming under fire for their conduct in the wake of the opening game of the tour of Pakistan against the Faisalabad Regional XI.

This reporter may be considered an old-school student of the great game of cricket, but aren't warm-up matches supposed to be about rotating duties in order to gain match practice?

Firstly, a three-day game is hardly sufficient for an entire team to get some time in the middle should the unforeseen happen, and secondly, when it's 312/3, maybe it would be an idea to use a further bowler once in a while.

The sole purpose of the Faisalabad game seems to have been to baby-sit Jason Toogood into the International arena. Whilst undoubtedly talented, the fact that one man can bat at number three and take the role of a main bowler is surely against the point of a team warm-up?

There were several alternative bowling options in the side that really ought to have been used rather than persisting with the utterly ineffectual main line, in particular Hoitink and Halsey, and then to allow the same man having bowled 20 overs to bat at three rather than allow other fringe batsmen more time to establish their places does raise questions.

Whilst the selection panel was reformed in the revolt of November, it's still difficult to see the accountability of the coach and the in-game selection decisions. It's hard enough to win in Pakistan as it is without ineffective leadership.

Onwards and Upwards...

spikeypineapple

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Neil Pickup said:
The sole purpose of the Faisalabad game seems to have been to baby-sit Jason Toogood into the International arena. Whilst undoubtedly talented, the fact that one man can bat at number three and take the role of a main bowler is surely against the point of a team warm-up?

There were several alternative bowling options in the side that really ought to have been used rather than persisting with the utterly ineffectual main line, in particular Hoitink and Halsey, and then to allow the same man having bowled 20 overs to bat at three rather than allow other fringe batsmen more time to establish their places does raise questions.
i earnt my spot in the CWXI as a batsmen it, so it would be clear that my duties as a bowler need to be refined and perfected. Obviously the cap would not bowl me if they did not have plans for me (hence batting at 7) as more of a bowler who can bat. i am quite happy playing any role the team wishes upon me

Andre

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
CricketWeb Times
Thursday, 4th June, 2004 - Fourth Issue
Board miss the mark in warm-up
John Bronson

The CricketWeb Board of Cricket Control are once again coming under fire for their conduct in the wake of the opening game of the tour of Pakistan against the Faisalabad Regional XI.

This reporter may be considered an old-school student of the great game of cricket, but aren't warm-up matches supposed to be about rotating duties in order to gain match practice?

Firstly, a three-day game is hardly sufficient for an entire team to get some time in the middle should the unforeseen happen, and secondly, when it's 312/3, maybe it would be an idea to use a further bowler once in a while.

Whilst the selection panel was reformed in the revolt of November, it's still difficult to see the accountability of the coach and the in-game selection decisions. It's hard enough to win in Pakistan as it is without ineffective leadership.

Onwards and Upwards...
Lets make one thing clear - some of the selection panel were not happy with the idea of a 3 day match (Liam and I had a run in about it) or the side selected. Yet, sadly, in a majority rules case, I am at a loss to chance the fixtures despite being on the panel.