• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maxwell just needs to calm down. He seems to think that he needs to bat at 200. Put the hook away for a couple of overs until you're set.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's failed utterly when actually required to build an innings, which has been disappointing. He's a pretty unique player in that he really doesn't seem to have improved at all since his debut.

srbhkshk

International Captain
He's failed utterly when actually required to build an innings, which has been disappointing. He's a pretty unique player in that he really doesn't seem to have improved at all since his debut.
I wonder if his limited overs career would pan out like Sehwag, potential to be an ATG but never goes beyond the ordinary because of a refusal to ever cut down on the stupid.

Last edited:

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
I am firmly backing Australia for this. I hope Khwaja is fit in time for this game. It's still 4 days away so hopefully that will be enough time for Usman to make a full recovery.

England have no chance if they are made to chase. Australia can win both batting first and chasing. Let's hope the wicket stays true for the entire duration of the match.

the big bambino

International Captain
It would be. Besides I reckon you have to go through a trial to win WC's. Go through a slump or a problem that tests your character and if you get through that you end up winning - mostly.Yeah its a superstition but sneaking through on the rain rule isn't good karma for the final. I hope we get the chance to play England as a win against them would give Aus confidence they've overcome the recent setbacks and the new players will be set for the final. If we lose then well done the other team.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** no. we need Aus vs. Eng please.
This. Would be a shame for England to be eliminated because they were worse in the group stages instead of because they got rolled for 100 by Starc and Cummins.

Burgey

Nah, you want to play imo. If Australia plays and loses, fair enough. Better than going through via rain. Mind you, that's better than not going through via rain.

And we all know if we lose it's basically because of the injuries to Khawaja and Stoinis. :ph34r:

(TBF Khawaja getting crocked probably did cost us v SA, but you can never say for sure).

TheJediBrah

Would be funny if the finals are rained out entirely and Aus' loss to SA ends up costing them the WC