• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Offical** Commentary complaints thread

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
After listening to Clarke, I've decided on a new rule for the employment of commentators:

- No ex-player can be employed as a commentator while anyone they have played with is still playing
Nope. That will disqualify the entire cast of awesome Hindi commentators on Star Sports that played with Dhoni -- Tendulkar, Sehwag, Laxman, Ganguly

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amit Mishra is even better. Mishra-RP Singh commentating together is the stuff of dreams lol

Burgey

Something which really the me the ****s last night was the pre game and half time studio **** on Fox with Mark Waugh and some other clown basically laughing and patronising about the Bangers while Skull (unique among our commentators in actually researching and watching OS players) did his best to point out the comparative strengths of the opposition and how they’d approach both innings. Was ****ing ****.

Burgey

Yeah he usually is. For all the schtick he carries on with, he’s across all the players and is at least informative

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Skulls awesome mainly yeah. Tries to crack too many jokes but get him onto a serious discussion and I love listening to him.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
It is strange having Mark Waugh commenting at all on the World Cup when he's almost made it a defining characteristic of not knowing anything about any cricket outside what involves Australia. You can get away with it to an extent involving one-on-one series but for a tournament like this, forget it.

As a bit of an aside, the standard of Fox Sports Cricket commentary coverage has been pretty disappointing since it launched a year ago. I would've put money beforehand on it being more sophisticated and intelligent than the Ch 7 version in Tests but if anything the opposite was true.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Broadening this out to Twitter, Jarrod Kimber doing a tweet implying that Australia have been rubbish at ODIs since the 2015 WC and are now turning it on when it matters.

This is at best only half-true. They were still a largely excellent ODI side for 18-24 months after the last WC. In 2015-16 they won ODI series away in England, a tri-series (involving WI & SA) in the Caribbean and away in Sri Lanka.

They were also totally dominant in home ODIs in the couple of seasons after the WC, winning 11 of the 13 matches and all the three series they played including against a very good Indian lineup. It was only from their NZ tour of early 2017 that they went into a prolonged form slump.

Surely Kimber would be aware of this but I guess it wouldn't have gotten as many RT's & Likes.

morgieb

Broadening this out to Twitter, Jarrod Kimber doing a tweet implying that Australia have been rubbish at ODIs since the 2015 WC and are now turning it on when it matters.

This is at best only half-true. They were still a largely excellent ODI side for 18-24 months after the last WC. In 2015-16 they won ODI series away in England, a tri-series (involving WI & SA) in the Caribbean and away in Sri Lanka.

They were also totally dominant in home ODIs in the couple of seasons after the WC, winning 11 of the 13 matches and all the three series they played including against a very good Indian lineup. It was only from their NZ tour of early 2017 that they went into a prolonged form slump.

Surely Kimber would be aware of this but I guess it wouldn't have gotten as many RT's & Likes.
So much of that was down to second-string attacks and the Warner/Smith bans too.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember saying at the time of that NZ series but without Smith and Warner the Australian batting lineup would be one of the worst in world cricket.

Little did I know of what was to become

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Afghanistan doing a decent job of keeping India tied down with spin, and all Manjrekar can think to do is have a go at them for not being attacking enough.

But India are of course playing it smart. Bloke is a supreme pillock.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Afghanistan doing a decent job of keeping India tied down with spin, and all Manjrekar can think to do is have a go at them for not being attacking enough.

But India are of course playing it smart. Bloke is a supreme pillock.
He had verbal diarrhoea last night

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For those of you stream it online, select the "Dugout" option on commentary if it's an option (like it is on Hotstar in India). It's much better than the regular "English" one.