• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**CW Contracts**

Cloete

International Captain
Mr. Ponting said:
Liam has anyone been offered yet? Has that been posted?
I've been offered one at Yorkshire.

Still deciding whether to take it or not. It's only for 2 weeks in teh absence of Darren Lehmann. I'll be playing 2 cc games, 1 20/20 game and 1 45 over game. But I'd rather a longer contract with a county more in need!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Contracts may be extended at the end of a stint if a player performs sufficiently.
so cloete is expected to be on the first plane home after scoring a king pair in his first game?!?!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
The problem is, you can't just improve your skills like that. It's the whole point of it.

If you up your pace with the same accuracy, that means you're a better bowler, meaning a better simming average. You can't just say that and do it.

Correct me if I'm wrong Liam.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Season 8 Contracts

Those with secondary contracts will be watched by selectors and play as much Dev League cricket as is possible.

The CWBCC does however reserve the right to terminate any contract on the basis of disciplinary action or constant injury. Please note that players not given contracts are still eligible for selection.

Central
BJ Goff (RHB/RM)
PE Young (RHB/RM/WK)
SJ Fitzsimmons (RHM/RFM)
MJ Robbins (RHB/RM)
A Cloete (RHB/LS)
RJ Malone (RHB/RFM)
KS Wright (RHB/RFM)
NS Pickup (RHB/LS)
LA Camps (RHB/RFM)
AP Chaulk (RHB/WK)
DJ Watt (RHB/RF)
S Bhatia (RHB/RFM)
DM Kennett (RHB/RFM)
C Buts (LHB/RMF)
XPA Rose (RHB/RFM)

Secondary
H Moerk (RHB/WK)
CM Broadbent (RHB/RFM)
R Timewell (RHB/RFM)
RG Verghese (RHB/OS)
TC Halsey (RHB/LS)

The centrally contracted players will be carefully managed by the CWBCC and the amount of non-international cricket played will be regulated to avoid major injury. Any contracted player wishing to participate in County Cricket or Grade Cricket or otherwise during the offseason must apply for and receieve a permit from the CWBCC.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The CWBCC does however reserve the right to terminate any contract on the basis of disciplinary action or constant injury.
Bit harsh to terminate a contract of an injured player IMO. If you give a player a contract, he should be backed through out the season barring some drastic indiscipline on the part of the player.

masterblaster

International Captain
Absolutely honoured and thrilled at being given a Central Contract. It's one of the high's in my career with the CWXI and it shows that the hard work has paid off.

Thanks to the CWBCC for this and I'm looking forward to giving it my all and playing well with the CWXI in the future

Extremely Happy.

:D

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
very excited to obtain a cwxi contract, look forward to making the selectors happy with there choice of players.