• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Northside Power Thread **

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Domination.

We had so much of the ball and we were a bit reckless in front of goals ... yet we still managed to come back from 3-0 down to win 4-3.

Shows character. :) Well played, lads.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
A lot better performance guys, but still a lot of work to be done. To be 3-0 down so early is a joke, but having a look at our 2nd half, it looks like starting our attacks from the back is our best option. I didn't realise how good passers me and Pete are. :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Side to play Western Dynamo

1. Blake Donald
2. Pete Young
5. Xaxier Rose
6. Tharmilan Loganathan
3. Petko Kirilov
4. Travis Demeza
33. Paddy Gundry
11. Manjunath Reddlapalli
10. Andy Cloete
13. David Comley
38. Thamba Mamesh

12. Yuri Turshinov
16. Antonio Velasco
7. Ezequiel
8. Soren Ernst
9. Orjan Hjelde

Kirilov comes in for Ezequiel, squad rotation. We might play three forwards next game with Hjelde likely to come in.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Disapointing loss, but atleast were coming closer to knowing what formation works for us. Travis will be missed in the next game, but im sure Paddy will slot into DM just fine.

oz_fan

International Regular
Dissapointing loss. Not very happy with my performance in the game to let in three goals (one was a penalty) but there were a couple of positives: 1. We are a good tackling team.
2. Like Tharmi said we are getting closer to our ideal formation.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Apologies for the send off, power lads.

Although we all know that's the way I play, so .... you win some and you lose some. I'll be the solid anchor we need infront of the back three, but when the referee disagrees with my methods, I'll be having an early shower :( :(.

I can only offer to the club what I have, ... and nothing else. I apologise in advance if my methods are too rash.

If the club wants me to clean up my methods, i'll try my hardest.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The club doesn't want you to clean up your act, we just want to u to break some more legs. You haven't injuried any playmarkers this season, therefore you haven't done you job Trav.

Ok it looks like we are out of the race for 1st, we can still make it if Swell win and we beat them, but with our Goal Difference its unlikely. So i've decided to experiement a bit more with our formation and a little bit with the tactics.

Side to play Swell:

GK: 1. Blake Donald
DF: 2.Pete Young
DF: 5. Xaxier Rose
DF: 6. Tharmilan Loganathan
DM: 33. Paddy Gundry
MF: 7. Ezequiel
MF: 11. Manjunath Reddlapalli
MF: 10. Andy Cloete
FW: 13. David Comley
FW: 38. Thamba Mamesh
FW: 9. Orjan Hjelde

With Trav out Paddy slots into DM, Andy gets a game in the midfield to try and get more action. Hjelde gets a start up front to improve our coversion rate.

Side to play playoff:

GK: 1. Blake Donald
DF: 2.Pete Young
DF: 5. Xaxier Rose
DF: 6. Tharmilan Loganathan
DM: 4. Trav Demeza
DM: 33. Paddy Gundry
DM: 11. Manjunath Reddlapalli
MF: 7. Ezequiel
MF: 10. Andy Cloete
FW: 13. David Comley
FW: 38. Thamba Mamesh

For our playoff match, im going to try a 3-3-2-2, see if having more numbers at the back can improve our defence.

Overall im not too disappointed with the performances, as most of the losses have been as result of mis-match in tactics or send off, as was the case in the last game. We still experimenting as you can see with the sides, so basically we are finding out what works for us and what doesn't.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
The club doesn't want you to clean up your act, we just want to u to break some more legs. You haven't injuried any playmarkers this season, therefore you haven't done you job Trav.
Bringing the game into disrepute. Should be a lengthy ban or substantial fine.

In fact I hear that the local CricketWeb police are investigating this incitement to violence.

10 in the Pen.

If we have a player injured in our game against you, I shall sue and use this comment of proof of intent. Not that I need it to win as I know the Chief Justice very well.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
Bringing the game into disrepute. Should be a lengthy ban or substantial fine.

In fact I hear that the local CricketWeb police are investigating this incitement to violence.

10 in the Pen.

If we have a player injured in our game against you, I shall sue and use this comment of proof of intent. Not that I need it to win as I know the Chief Justice very well.
The local CW police are too scared of the lour local supportors the Blood Boys to do anything and why would the Cheif Justice help a bunch 11 toed inbread convicts from Garven Island. :p

Just joking btw don't take it too seriously

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
With Trav comming back earlier then i thought, we will play the 2nd side that was going to play in the playoff.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
The local CW police are too scared of the lour local supportors the Blood Boys to do anything and why would the Cheif Justice help a bunch 11 toed inbread convicts from Garven Island. :p
Its the 11 toes that gives use our genetic advantage in football and why we shall win the Title this year. :-O

cometer

State Regular
well when both sides play counter, it takes a bit of fortune to win it. Anyway, it's only preseason so we can still come back and win the main season :). Hopefully I have my accuracy by then.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Not to worry guys, i am sure we will have some fortune this time around.. Pleased with my efforts in the last game, but should have done better..

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Could have gone eitehr way, really.

Even enough possession, they had a f ew more shots on target but such is life.
Something has to be done with the ref's hey .... seem to dislike us a great deal.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just sent an email to the management team, please reply when you get a chance, as there is a few things we need to discuss about tactics.