• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 2 Draft Discussion

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is it sad that I'm sitting here trawling through every country's first class stats for the previous season in order to come up with a list of people worth picking? I have about 20 different Cricinfo tabs open right now..
Be careful with the South African ones. Not all the matches count.

Eds

International Debutant
Not sure it'll work in the long-term tbh. Particularly if your lower order are all bowlers as well.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Be careful with the South African ones. Not all the matches count.
Yeah, that frustrating three-day competition that is basically made irrelevant by Franchise cricket, but still retains FC status. Managed to avoid falling into that trap though.

May be willing to take a risk on one of them though, but only as a last resort back-up player.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Don't know if it was answered finally earlier, but is the database updated till the end of the draft or start of the draft ?

Eds

International Debutant
Lol at this already being explained to you once in the linked thread.
Yeah but in that lineup he just had a strange batting order - he had the right ratio of batsmen:all-rounders:bowlers. Now, he's just going to have a really long tail.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah but in that lineup he just had a strange batting order - he had the right ratio of batsmen:all-rounders:bowlers. Now, he's just going to have a really long tail.
He's got Bravo listed at 8 with Sammy at 10 and Russell at 11. That's not a long tail; that's just thinking Bresnan is a gun bat.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Depends on who I pick up really.

5.Hussey
6. Drafted Batsman
7. Bravo
8. Bresnan
9. Rahim
10. Sammy
11. Russell/ Drafted Spinner

That doesn't seem like too long a tail.

I mean I'll admit that Bresnan at six through to Russell at 10 would be a fairly long tail

Although if you look at the averages:

Bresnan: 40, 28 in FC
Bravo: 31, 30 in FC
Sammy 17, 23 in FC
Russel: 2, 27 in FC

It wouldn't be the worst tail in the world.

Eds

International Debutant
Depends on who I pick up really.

5.Hussey
6. Drafted Batsman
7. Bravo
8. Bresnan
9. Rahim
10. Sammy
11. Russell/ Drafted Spinner

That doesn't seem like too long a tail.
No, that's a fantastic tail. Would probably end up the best in the competition, from 8-11, batting-wise.