• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The rules and points system:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rules:

Either Steds or myself will start threads, with an aim of being open for 4-5 days before games, but please bear in mind that in periods with a lot of games, we may not be able to keep up!
Predictions will only be accepted in the appropriate threads.
If you wish to change a prediction, please do so by making a new post (and making reference to it over-riding the previous entry) - any edited post will not be accepted.
There will be a deadline for entries - in the main we will aim to close the thread when this is reached, but there will be occasions when we are not able to. In that case, any entry after the deadline will not be accepted.
Any other queries, feel free to post in here and we will answer them for you.
We reserve the right to adopt rules as we see fit for anything not covered above.

Points system:

80 points are on offer for each Test or ODI, split as follows:

Test.
Toss - 1 point
Match result - 10 points (a tie will count as a draw)
Batsman scoring the most runs in the match - 10 points
Runs scored by the top scoring batsman: spot on - 15 points; within 5 runs - 10 points; within 15 runs - 7 points; within 35 runs - 5 points; within 60 runs - 2 points
Bowler with best match analysis - 10 points
Wickets taken by the best bowler: spot on - 9 points; within 1 wicket - 5 points; within 2 wickets - 2 points
Total runs in the match: spot on - 15 points; within 10 runs - 10 points; within 25 runs - 7 points; within 50 runs - 5 points; within 100 runs - 2 points
Total wickets in the match: spot on - 10 points; within 1 wicket - 7 points; within 2 wickets - 5 points; within 3 wickets - 2 points

ODI.
Toss - 1 point
Match result - 10 points (a tie will count as a draw)
Batsman scoring at the highest strike rate in the match - 10 points
Strike rate of the quickest scoring batsman: spot on - 12 points; within 5 - 8 points; within 10 - 4 points; within 15 runs - 2 points
Most economical bowler - 10 points
Economy rate of the most economical bowler: spot on - 12 points; within 0.1 - 8 points; within 0.3 - 4 points; within 0.5 - 2 points
Total runs in the match: spot on - 15 points; within 10 runs - 10 points; within 25 runs - 7 points; within 50 runs - 5 points; within 100 runs - 2 points
Total wickets in the match: spot on - 10 points; within 1 wicket - 7 points; within 2 wickets - 5 points; within 3 wickets - 2 points

For quickest scoring batsman, the batsman must have scored at least 10% of his team's runs.
For strike rate, please submit a round number to represent runs scored per 100 balls.
For most economical bowler, the bowler must have bowled at least 10% of his team's overs.
For economy rate, please submit a number to 1 dp representing runs per over.

Last edited by a moderator:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As Steds said.

I'm going to open that thread now, to allow people to make predictions and we can ensure that they're correct.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
For now we're not including them - may look into having a separate comp if they become more frequent.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I want to play this prediction league? How can I do it? Is there any Qualification for this? How can I start my prediction? Is there any league for this coming 20/20 between NZ and SRL?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Just post in the threads provided. You may not appear on the overall leaderboards for a while, but if you continue to make predictions, you'll make your way up.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's ever lasting.

Every individual series or Tournament will have its own standings, then there are overall and average standings.