• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forumer World Cup - Information and Discussion

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
There is but I can't access everyone's in one big list. :p

At this stage it'll be partly based on total posts and partly based on activity in this thread, relative of course to everyone's batting and bowling points.
Yeah, I like the idea of total post count with of course the ranking system employed.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there not a "posts per day" statistic?

If not, then whoever is England captain needs to persuade Richard to sign up.
I feel the posts per day statistic is unfair for those posters who joined a while back, and have had on and off periods. Plus it gives an unfair advantage to those posters who've just signed up recently and had a "hussey-like" year. It's akin to Hussey (in his first year) vs. Sachin's overall career.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. :cool:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Not all that worried about the system employed. It's a shame we can't measure quality rather than quantity.

Do you reward the poster who posts 30 times a day "agreed" or the poster like SJS or Francis who need only to make 1 post a week to make a massive impact.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel the posts per day statistic is unfair for those posters who joined a while back, and have had on and off periods. Plus it gives an unfair advantage to those posters who've just signed up recently and had a "hussey-like" year. It's akin to Hussey (in his first year) vs. Sachin's overall career.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. :cool:
If you get Hussey like form during a world cup is doesn't lessen the impact you have during the tournament tbh.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Think we'll receive a large influx of sign-ups right before the World Cup, so no need to worry. Should probably work out the teams asap though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Think we'll receive a large influx of sign-ups right before the World Cup, so no need to worry. Should probably work out the teams asap though.
Probably easier to work out the teams once we have more players though. It'll be easier to figure out who has to move when we look at which teams are short and which players put those teams in as second choices.

Mike5181

International Captain
Looking at our side so far, and if we follow the usual NZ world cup path, Mike will be our useless **** **** opener, Hurricane or NZT will carry the batting the whole tournament, Athers will show potential but do a hammy dropping the soap and piss off home. Heef will break down before the semis, Mike will drop catches off me and Volteh in the semi, and Somers will swing away to 75* (40) in a losing cause chasing at some point.

And me being a bunny with the bat will lose us at least three close games, but someone else (Athers) will be scapegoated.
Oh man i get the double negative. How many players do we need now to fill up New Zealand? There should be enough just judging by the people in the Pakistan tour thread.

biased indian

International Coach
not all that worried about the system employed. It's a shame we can't measure quality rather than quantity.

Do you reward the poster who posts 30 times a day "agreed" or the poster like sjs or francis who need only to make 1 post a week to make a massive impact.
awta :ph34r: