Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Cricket Bat you own

Banned

Best Cricket Bat you own

I just wondering what sort of cricket bat you guys owned, if its any good and why you would recommend someone else to buy it. I'll go first
    At the moment i have a Kookaburra Bubble King. Great bat and well worth its price tag of $250 Aust. Great bat for players who like to drive the ball. And just today i bought a Gray Nicholls Phoenix Beast which i must say is the chunckiest bat i have ever seen. Dont know how well it plays yet but it cost $375 Aust

I own four cricket bats, a newbery 5*, a Hunts county scoop, another Hunts County and a Kookabura bubble. I usually play with the Newbery. I get bats from my uncle, who wears two out a year and gives me them.

bats

I've got 2 newberys, a mjolinir and a caduceus 5 stars, a v600 and GN excalibur. I normally use the v600, but when i tour england with my club Capannelle Roma all the team has 2 use newber bats.. cos they sort of sponspr us... i got my bats 4 70 quid...

I've got a Gunn & Moore Cannon Professional, used it for both of my mightiest knocks, 12 and 12 .

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    I don't actually own a bat, I think the last one I had was when I was about 14 - a Gray Nicholls Size 5 something or other. Having held down the number 9-11 spot in the order for a while now I find that it is simply easier to borrow a bat from a batsman who has already been dismissed. It allows me to use something far better than I could afford if I went out and bought one myself (spent the last season going 'Pass me the V800 thanks Giles, I have some leather to punish). I did bat at about 3 in 3rd Grade though, but still managed to borrow a fairly decent bat off a mate - funny thing being that it was new and I scored about 350 runs with it and my mate scored around 70 haha.

I thought I read somewhere that bats are up around the $700 dollar mark for top of the range stuff!? When I left Oz they were 500 I think, have they really gone up this much?

Don
    well atm im flying o so single.yup no bat 4 me.i was saving money to buy a gn powerbow which costs $1860 TT but now my pop says hell buy me a bat so im hoping for something like a v500 .sumthing really light cuz that what i like.light bats and slog shots what a great mix
    WERE LEAN WERE MEAN WERE THE GREEN MACHINE CW GREEN'S OTHER LHB.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    ive only got 2 at the moment, my AS Falcon is my main one, is pretty light for its size, a big bow in it being a pakistani bat, some umpires in grade cricket in canberra told me it was too wide and too replace it as well..... but i like it.

my other one is a gray nichols, i took all the srickers off about a year ago, so i cant remember what type, it cost me $270 bu i only used it for half a season, just didnt like it...

i've use a SG Maxstar and that was a very nice bat. Nice and chunky, but a little too heavy for me

Then I've had a CA SOMO, pakistani bat, very nice bat, one of the better ones i've played with

now i'm sponsored by kookaburra, and have been for the past year ,and use their kahuna... the nicest bat i've ever used! cost me 100 a piece (sponsorship)

i think they're around 350 or so brand new

2 pound 8 ounces for me

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    I used to use a Hunts Limited Edition when i played. It was $400 Aussie Dollars and was used by Nick Knight and Ashley Giles... but hey does that mean much.

They have a nice light pick up on them with some good power all around the bat and they're good for cutting and pulling. i love it. it has a red handle that makes my hands go all red and sticky
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

International Captain
    I always preffered , CA and IS (Ihsan sports ) , The bunch of Indians and Srilankans are using that . Its cheap too onle like hmmmmm CD$120 . And CD$ has same exchange rate as of Australian$ .
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    yea my gray nicolls GNX warrior has served me well, and since im a bowler, its done more than its job
    Jesus saves

member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

speaking of which, i was talking to the master bat maker for gray nicholls today. He is in perth for a few days, and was watching him make a few bats.

I had a lift of the exact same bat matty hayden uses.. and i was amazed at the light pickup on it. weighs 2 pounds 11 ounces, and feels like a 2 pound 8 ounce bat. and he explained that it's actually the distribution of weight that makes it feel like a light or heavy bat. He showed me one that weighed in at 2 pounds 6 ounces, yet felt like close to 3 pounds.

These are specifically for indian pitches (hence indian bats feel heavier), and hence the middle is lower. So all the talk about hayden using a heavy bat etc. Let me tell you,it feels like a 2 pound 8 ounce bat

just thought some of you would like to know :P

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Im a bowler who can bat a little bit

So I generally use pretty inexpensive bats (anything up to AUD$130)
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Banned
    In reply to Son of Coco no the cost of the best bat in Australia is around $550 not 700. That was a MRF. The average for a top quality A grade English Willow bat is around $400 Aust. Also i forgot to mention that i also have a gunne and Moore Cannon professional which i used aas a junoir and a kookaburra ridgeback which i just bought as like a beach cricket bat. Both those bats are extremely light and are about the width of a toothpick. I also have one handcrafted jarrah cricket bat which i made myself. The only problem is it weighs about 7 pounds and sounds like its about to snap each time i hit the ball.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    I don't use a bat very often.
    The last time I used the middle of one, before my most recent innings, would have been, oh, 20 innings ago or so.
    No joke, that.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information