• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why do Australians get special treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
what i dont understand is why was Azarudin was banned for life and warne and waugh was not banned at all for contacting bookies. was it the same crime they did or was Azars one more serious ??
That is because the BCCI is the most player-unfriendly board ever. Ranatunga, Aravinda, Stewart and several other 'match-fixers' actually got to play despite those accusations. They got full support from their respective boards.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
The one thing Aussies tend to get special treatment from is that sledging and crowd abuse is considered "that's the way they play" and "that's the way it is in Australia".
While other players and crowds are rightly condemned when they transgress, usually Australians aren't.
I wouldn't say we get special treatment in regards to sledging, unless getting fined rather frequently for it is special treatment. If only we sledged in a language other than English..........

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
why is it all the time a AUSSIE match refreee or a AUSSIE umpire who reports MOSTLY/ONLY subcontinent players ???[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Aussie umpires are just a little more diligent - they've pulled up a few players at Domestic level for throwing as well, which in my view is a good thing. I'd rather see umpires pulling guys up for throwing early on in the piece than have a controversy at International level. You may not have noticed, but when an Aussie player is called for throwing it's dealt with fairly swiftly, and with a minimum of fuss.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You guys are lucky that you've got the place on your doorstep. :p
What's the process in Australia when you go to UWA and have a faulty action identified? Who does the remedial stuff?

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
dont call Aravinda and Arjuna " match fixers "....they were just questioned by officials...and finnaly found not guilty (which was proven as false alligations ). I guess Azar's case was that all the evidence was against him and thats why he was punished by his board...i dont believe there are so called "player-unfriendly" boards. every board follows common guidlines and they are all equal.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
nookie_lk said:
i dont think giving the respective board to decide is fair.... ainit ? the ICC should be deciding and bieng fair to all players.
every board follows common guidlines and they are all equal.
if you believe in your second statement then why state the first..

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
i was trying to say was that... i think the decisions SHOULD be taken by a centralized panel of officials than the respective board. but i know it doesnt..so, whatever decisions taken by boards do share a common procedure....so i guess that any board takes decisions depending on what evidence they get without bieng strict or as such.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
nookie_lk said:
i was trying to say was that... i think the decisions SHOULD be taken by a centralized panel of officials than the respective board. but i know it doesnt..so, whatever decisions taken by boards do share a common procedure....so i guess that any board takes decisions depending on what evidence they get without bieng strict or as such.
if all boards share a common procedure why are you complaining about warne's suspension

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
thats exactly my question....why didn't the ausie board take similar punishments like the indian board. even though there is a common procedure...it is not practiced by the aussie board (IMO) .

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Raj123 said:
if you believe in your second statement then why state the first..
Oh he believes in those statements as long as Sri Lanka Board and players do not come under scrutiny.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
nookie_lk said:
thats exactly my question....why didn't the ausie board take similar punishments like the indian board. even though there is a common procedure...it is not practiced by the aussie board (IMO) .
It seems to me that someone has a problem in trusting Cricket Australia but at the same time wants us to trust the Fernando report which cleared Ranatunga and Desilva.

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
I agree with everything Bas said in the first post. Yes, Murali may have been reported by the match referee but why was it only when he played Australia that they complained. He's been bowling the doosra for years only when it affects australia the report it. Warne failed a drugs test, simple as that he took a banned substance plus he had dodgy dealings with bookies. I love Warne as a bowler but just imagine if a different player had done those things. Its not the Australian players i have a problem with, its the obvious bum-chum treatment they often get

biased indian

International Coach
nookie_lk said:
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nookie_lk said:
why is it all the time a AUSSIE match refreee or a AUSSIE umpire who reports MOSTLY/ONLY subcontinent players ???

In recent times we've seen neutral officials - and they've done the reporting.

And interestingly enough, Chris Broad, who was vilified for speaking out, was right.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Arjun said:
That is because the BCCI is the most player-unfriendly board ever. Ranatunga, Aravinda, Stewart and several other 'match-fixers' actually got to play despite those accusations. They got full support from their respective boards.
Stewart?!!!!!!!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nookie_lk said:
Regarding Warne is this?

Since I don't believe any Indian player has tested positive for any form of substance (let alone one that isn't even performance-enhancing) - how can the Australian board follow their lead?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dar said:
Warne failed a drugs test, simple as that he took a banned substance plus he had dodgy dealings with bookies.

A masking agent that wasn't masking anything except his stomach you mean?

And dodgy dealings - in that case I demand all weather-forecasters are banned from ever giving us weather reports in the future, as they're clearly having dodgy dealings with the general public in telling us what the weather is going to do in exchange for money!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
And dodgy dealings - in that case I demand all weather-forecasters are banned from ever giving us weather reports in the future, as they're clearly having dodgy dealings with the general public in telling us what the weather is going to do in exchange for money!
Are weather forcasters being fined by their employers for repoting weather ??

We have to accept that a lot of cricketers got away with the same thing Azhar, Malik and Cronje were guilty of.

Status
Not open for further replies.