• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grand Slam Draft Tournament

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
First round results:

ankitj (-) lost to Teuton (12)
Howe_zat (-) lost to NUFAN (11)
BoyBrumby (11) def. Magrat Garlick (1)
Marcuss (7) def. JOJOXI (4)
morgieb (10) def. SillyCowCorner1 (2)
AndrewB (9) def. honestbharani (3)
Milenko47 (11) def. jimmy101 (1)

Tournament bracket:

Winners of "the toss" for the next round are...

Teuton
BoyBrumby
morgieb
AndrewB

Please decide whether to pick first, or choose parameters. Commiserations to everyone who was knocked out in the first round. It's a bitter pill! Hope y'all will stick around and continue to follow the comp.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ah... damn. Well done AndrewB. Congrats on the win. I should have gone for Faulkner earlier. Think it made the difference. :)

And thanks for those who voted for my team. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'll set the rules too:

Players who were born outside of the test nation they played international cricket for.

For clarity, where England and the West Indies are concerned as the test nations aren't sovereign nations, "England" represents England and Wales and "the West Indies" represents Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, the British Virgin Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten, Trinidad and Tobago, and the US Virgin Islands.

So for England Scottish and Irish born players are eligible for the draft but Welshmen aren't, and for a West Indian to count as foreign-born he must've been born outside of the nations and territories listed above.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Ah... damn. Well done AndrewB. Congrats on the win. I should have gone for Faulkner earlier. Think it made the difference. :)

And thanks for those who voted for my team. :)
I think those teams would be pretty well matched... it wasn't easy to pick a good pace attack with the given criterion, so you might see a few high-scoring draws :)

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
To contrast with my previous draft (played either side of a World War), I'll go for players who died during a year in which a World War was taking place (i.e. who died between Jan 1 1914 and Dec 31 1918, or between Jan 1 1939 and Dec 31 1945).

First pick to Milenko47.

ataraxia

International Coach
To contrast with my previous draft (played either side of a World War), I'll go for players who died during a year in which a World War was taking place (i.e. who died between Jan 1 1914 and Dec 31 1918, or between Jan 1 1939 and Dec 31 1945).

First pick to Milenko47.
Hedley Verity

------------------------

9. H Verity*

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
OK, slightly ripping off Teuton here - Players Without A Century/5-Fer

Your move, Marcuss.