• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in Pakistan 2019 (Tests)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Can anyone tell me what the pitch is like and how each bowler looks? Four pacers is really odd for a Pakistan home match. Also wonder how Abbas' career progresses from here.

Yeah, he normally swings the ball towards the left.
Pitch does not look like an all out pace attack was the right option which is concerning Day 1. Not many plays and misses at all. In fact I bet the in control % is really high for both openers.

Shaheen has looked the best Test bowler on display so far but he hasnt bowled the best ball. Shinwari got one to tail and clip the stumps, kinda amazing the bails stayed on.

Abbas has been the weakest.

Id go so far: Shaheen Shinwari Naseem Abbas.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm genuinely struggling to recall the last time a test side (at least a major one) fell for the pace-quartet meme and it worked as intended.
India two years ago actually, albeit on a pitch that was barely even mown.
Scorecard - 2017-2018 South Africa v India - 24/01/2018

Just a session in though, but leaving out your premier successful spinner is usually bad juju. His tour to Australia aside.
I know precious little about the random names thrown up with respect to Pakistan spinners but surely a couple I've seen mentioned (who are doing well domestically despite very flat pitches this year that Yasir averaged over 40 on) could provide the overs and better control than Yasir.

Gnske

India two years ago actually, albeit on a pitch that was barely even mown.
Scorecard - 2017-2018 South Africa v India - 24/01/2018

I know precious little about the random names thrown up with respect to Pakistan spinners but surely a couple I've seen mentioned (who are doing well domestically despite very flat pitches this year that Yasir averaged over 40 on) could provide the overs and better control than Yasir.
Ahh of course forgot about that one, I was in the middle of nowhere during that series, ironic and yetting fitting that its India.

I mean sure, doesn't have to be Yasir as your spinner but I think just having one class spinner is always better than relying on Azhar Ali or someone like Marnus chucking pies down. Legspinners and containment don't really compute anyway.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yasir would have been ideal on a slow-low subcontinent-type wicket where he can bowl marathon spells. Already looking like a bad decision to play four seamers here.

Starfighter

Yasir would have been ideal on a slow-low subcontinent-type wicket where he can bowl marathon spells.
Would also help him bowl the straight-skidders that have been his main wicket taking mode recently.

Already looking like a bad decision to play four seamers here.
Unless the pitch is like that one in that match I posted it usually is in my opinion.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would also help him bowl the straight-skidders that have been his main wicket taking mode recently.

Unless the pitch is like that one in that match I posted it usually is in my opinion.
It was a poor decision in the test you mentioned too imo. India got away with it because sa did the same thing.

Stapel

International Regular
Can anyone tell me what the pitch is like and how each bowler looks? Four pacers is really odd for a Pakistan home match.
And here I am, wondering if anyone knows what type of attack is normal for Pakistan home match. I genuinely can't recall ever having watched one

Starfighter

And here I am, wondering if anyone knows what type of attack is normal for Pakistan home match. I genuinely can't recall ever having watched one
Well before exile the pitches were really flat, like ridiculously flat (the series where SL were attacked was actually the highest averaging series ever), definitely not four pacers material, and they've never been lush damp Northern England-type pitches.

Starfighter

If the sun is going to rise at 7 and set at 5 why the hell would you start at 9:45 and schedule the close at 4:45? That's just asking for trouble, slow over-rates aside.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah, the timing doesn't make sense.

SL have actually done well to score 200 with loss of 5. If they can get close to 300 it will be a challenge for pakistan