• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which player past or present would you be?

andmark

International Captain
Murali. I'd love to have the troll value of getting people to go beserk simply by bowling.

Jack1

International Debutant
Ravi Bopara might be my final answer but I would make sure to only ever bat left handed with sun shades on. I’d make sure I wore an India odi shirt with tendulkar on the back too under my England top in all formats with a wrist band on saying India.
I’ll add this just incase
Incase anyone thinks I’m being sinister I’m not, just joking around. I like Ravi (Tendy and India too) and that’s why it’s funny to me

I think Viv Richards might be a good one, wouldn’t need a helmet. I guess Bradman would be better and funner than I thought, doubt he would bother with a helmet even to a prime Jofra Archer

Chrish

International Debutant
Since it doesn’t specify the sport, Muhammad Ali.

Boxing was defined by Ali; both in and out of the ring.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Because if I was much much much better at cricket but maintained the core of skills, strengths, weaknesses etc I'd end up pretty much the same player. I was park cricket's Ray Illingworth.
Looking forward to your comeback in your early 50s further down the line.

I'd go for Bradman every time myself, but following PEWS's reasoning I'd probably be Mark Ealham or a slightly taller version thereof: tubby wicket to wicket bowler who could bat slightly.