• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
They are cutting and preparing a fresh pitch, by the looks of it. That will probably get all the bounce bowling in the attack looking more penetrative than it did in Rangiora, but also plays into Tickner's strength.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey nzfan, can you check for me sometime if there are any domestic A fixtures (or unusual U17 stuff etc.) from this season in the pooch system?

If I know the date and the game, I can now get a few clips for the A-Z YouTube videos I sometimes do.

Last edited:

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
@Kippax There are no domestic A fixtures on the pooch. There are under 19 national tourney, but no sight of 17s.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
They are cutting and preparing a fresh pitch, by the looks of it.
A very fresh pitch. Bennett named in the release only yesterday, but then pulled out of the XI this morning. The teams are getting into the annoying habit of not bothering to explain these things.

There's Young's forward and across move vs. rare new ball Neesham. I'd sort of been worried about Young's handling of inswingers before, and he was trapped soon enough.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
On the positive side, that looks a pretty good new ball spell from Neesham (unless you've omitted some rubbish).

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
No that was uncut. Here he is replying, hoping for another chance with a newish ball in the second innings.

Flem274*

123/5
**** i love jimmys very millennial take no prisoners attitude.

im sure he'd love to come on here and tell us we're all ****s as well, but it would be an enjoyable roast.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not 100% sure I'm buying that. He's bowling cutters 'on purpose' sure, but the way the ball comes out of his hand, does he have any other option? Does he have one that straightens? Not seen it. His cutters seem to have transferred into his longer game. Shame for someone who could be a Test 6 with big bowling responsibilities if he got it right. Yes he picks across some techniques at FC level but bowling exclusively cutters isn't necessarily going to cut it higher up. I'd rather see him work on his release, get behind the seam, use his height to trouble batsmen and use the crease if he wanted to create angle.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Looks on the face of it to be a classy performance from Ravindra. Hopefully he can finally push on to score his maiden FC ton.

Howsie

International Captain
tbf Ravindra has a pretty good first class record for a guy who has never scored a 100, especially for an opener.

Once he scores one I would imagine he’ll rattle off a few

Flem274*

123/5
if rachin has a massive run in the shield starting today he could find himself opening in bangers, saving nz from the ultimate selection headache of which two quicks to play alongside cdg and ajaz/somers.

Flem274*

123/5
soooo i've just checked the cd game myself

that's pretty funny given how deep we're batting in this game. also greg hay how good. 62 in a team total of 96.

hE's NoT g0oD tHoUgH

also that deck looks a lot browner today. rip us. conway betraying his saffer blood in the spotlight.

edit - tickners getting as obnoxious as wagner with the celebrations. i love it.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Tickner getting the sorts of good-length-edge-behind wickets we want from him this round and the previous. Looking good.

Otago's first innings batting card looks like a traditional NZ one - nice engine rooming after top order failure.

nzfan

Haven't been following Plunkett Shield as religiously as I would given the India series but disappointed that Rachin didn't convert two of his 70s to big 100s. The lad needed to show some patience and try to bat big. For sure he can bat and probably the second best Firebirds batsman behind Conway but he has to become a match winner and not just another one that contributes.

Can you image effect of Rachin converting the last two hits to 100s? 2 hundreds in 2 games would have got the selectors talking no doubt.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Sodhi's falling apart in FC cricket this season. Was averaging 5 or 6 wickets a game in past years, and now he can't buy one. Has he more or less given up on tests and made done a bit of remodelling to make his game more T20 focussed?

nzfan

Sodhi's falling apart in FC cricket this season. Was averaging 5 or 6 wickets a game in past years, and now he can't buy one. Has he more or less given up on tests and made done a bit of remodelling to make his game more T20 focussed?
Santner took some easy grabs last game and registered his best figures in first class but if you see those wickets ... leave it at that.