• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka 2019

Moss

International Vice-Captain
And Todd Astle comes off the bench and has jayawardene caught behind yeeaaaww!
Ha ha, remember that like it was yesterday.

Similar situation at the P'Sara that day, NZ needed 3 wickets in the final session and was left to Southee and Boult pretty much do all the damage. Here there's more of a threat of not having the full session to work with.

vandem

International 12th Man
Ajaz looked tired. Summers still getting some rip. So Summers + seamer looks a good option.

Edit - just as I was typing .....

Last edited:

vandem

International 12th Man
Anyone else think NZ have been overly defensive to Dickwella since tea? Trying to stop a single is OK, but no close fielder for spinners for 2-3 balls per over, and now no slip for Boult?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
good move to bring ajaz on, great premeditation from latham. Not the first time he's done that for an in close catch. wag.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Phew. Full marks to Dickwella for batting completely against type this series and making life difficult for NZ, but that hopefully is the end.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
**** me why is there no 3rd test. Sri Lanka have been more of a challenge than expected and our guys are just figuring out conditions now. Test #3 would be a cracker.