• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka 2019

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I guess Sri Lanka are the right team for me to cheer on here, given the ranking situation. So, er, go Sri Lanka!

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Latham would never throw away a start in a challenging setting
Yeah so often under Stead and KW he's coming unstuck with all these timorous should I/shouldn't I vacillations in SC Tests, isn't he. A former rugby hooker and the son of Rod sort of trying to feign a bit more discernment and propriety than he really has in him. If we could bring back McCullum's working-class and less judgmental mood to the changing room, he'd probably be crushing sweeps off bang-in-front lines, getting away with all and back to his ton-scoring best.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
A question which started in cricinfo. Which combination will you take for your team?

Kane-Ross-Nicholls (or)
Pujara-Kohli-Rahane (or)
Khawaja-Smith-Head

The NZ pair looks the strongest. But in general, none of the middle orders in current era evoke the sense of awesomeness like Dravid-Sachin-Laxman or the middle orders of the old Aussie teams.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
A question which started in cricinfo. Which combination will you take for your team?

Kane-Ross-Nicholls (or)
Pujara-Kohli-Rahane (or)
Khawaja-Smith-Head

The NZ pair looks the strongest. But in general, none of the middle orders in current era evoke the sense of awesomeness like Dravid-Sachin-Laxman or the middle orders of the old Aussie teams.
Yeah agree. I'd probably take India's because I'm still kind of sceptical of Nicholls (and I also suspect that if Rahane continues to suck he'll be dropped for someone else who's decent), but the #5s all have a lot more question marks over them than the likes of Waugh, Laxman, Lehmann, de Villiers etc in previous eras of top teams.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Embuldeniya still looks good. Reckon this bloke is going to be one of the best in the world soon enough. Not just one from SL's assortment of rando spinners flattered by pitches.

A-killa Dhananjaya, amirite