• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in England 2019

smash84

The Tiger King
Yes, I really don't see the point of sending a tried and tested failure like Yasir shah (LO failure) for the world cup. Pakistan squad is just awful.

slippy888

International Captain
Yasir was never good at 20 20 or one day format everyone knows that, Pakistan where better of select Nawaz

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
The message is quite clear. England batting order is frighteningly good. Who would have thought that after the 2015 world cup ? Real hope for the opposition lies in cashing in on an off day and hope that it is a knockout game. I think England should look at playing their best 5 bowlers always as this seems to be an area where some improvement is needed. Batting beyond no.6 may not be needed on most days.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Batting beyond 6 is still strong though with the likes of Willey, Plunkett, Archer, Woakes, Moeen, Rashid all in and around the squad. Plenty of extra hitting power in there. Important we pick Archer to give us some extra bowling strength, no idea who drops out.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Batting beyond 6 is still strong though with the likes of Willey, Plunkett, Archer, Woakes, Moeen, Rashid all in and around the squad. Plenty of extra hitting power in there. Important we pick Archer to give us some extra bowling strength, no idea who drops out.
Was going to say Plunkett or Willey then I realised that Wood is still in the 15 so it’s a no-brainer.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Most of our quicks are pretty ordinary; I wouldn't miss any of Woakes, Plunkett or Willey.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Most of our quicks are pretty ordinary; I wouldn't miss any of Woakes, Plunkett or Willey.
Right on cue, Woakes trundles a half tracker on his return. I think the bloke on cricinfo was being generous when he described Woakes' opening spell as 'a little off colour'. This is pretty much what he does nowadays isn't it?

Pakistan pissing this now. Well batted n' all, but our bowling's been pathetic. It's hard to see how any of Archer, Curran and Wood would be a worse bet than this lot.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Pakistan can never really recover as soon as a well settled batsman falls. It's been a serious problem for a very long time

smash84

The Tiger King
And it doesn't seem like the wickets will be very sporting this time around for the world cup. Mcroady roads seem like the standard wickets being served.