• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI quality control draft

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
David Boon--average: 37.04

D. Boon bat average[34-38] : 37.04
Ponting: bat average [42-46]: 42.04
Garner: bowl average[ under 24]: 18.85

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll take Steve Waugh 30-34

Since he took in under 3:4 wickets per match, I can choose to have him play as an allrounder or part time. I'll be playing him as a part timer

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain
Great draft this.
The tactical battle so far is probably the greatest of any draft I have been in.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Why was the rule changed in the middle of the draft, especially after the pick of Viv Richards? Under the initial rules (based on which trundler had to pick Viv) Viv was an all-rounder. But now trundler has the luxury of using Viv as a batsman. Is this fair?

The rule change was absolutely unnecessary imo. It was not as though 10 squads couldn't be formed with the initial rules or something.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought I explained it decently but I guess it's time for one more wall of text. The initial set of rules were contradicting each other, as I said you need one bowler in each category yet I also said if you picked more than 5 who met the ratio, the highest averages would become batsmen and their bowling just part time. I was trying to make it so those part timers had to have an average of over 36, but I didn't actually say that. Nor did I make it clear the min ratio for this rule.

So under the initial rules if trundler had picked another player who made the 1:2 ratio with an average of 30-34 but a lower average than Viv, viv could have been claimed to be played as a part timer anyway. It just seemed like a stuff up due to me making so many damn rules and I wanted to clarify.

I basically just tried to tweak those two rules together as carefully and as unintrusively as possible without outright eliminating one of them as best I could, as I feel removing that second rule outright would have been unfair to trundler. He was the second to pick so unless Red didn't want Kohli more than him I haven't robbed anyone of Viv I don't think

Last edited: