• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI ATG XIs

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Bond ineligible for the 2000s ATG side? SR of 29, econ 4.something iirc. Average of 20. That's nuts.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Correct. Were it not for Imran’s 70 odd in the 92 final, King would have been in with a shot at making the all rounder spot in my definitive ATG XI posted yesterday.

Unfortunately we can’t discuss this further, because after I posted that XI, the thread was closed.
Imran was pretty poor with the ball in the final though. Will that be held against him ?

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Yeah Flintoff wasn't at his best as a lower order batsman was he?

Weird to put Yuvi in a 2000s XI.

If you have a 2005ish-2011 XI then you have a case.
While looking at the players records by runs scored in that decade, I saw Yuvraj somewhere in the top 10. Others around him were Dravid, Kallis, Jayawardene. Symonds did not cross my mind at that stage. Yes, he is better from all fronts.

Flintoff batted mostly at 5 and 6. Averaged 46 at a strike rate of 94 at #5 ! Was poor at # 6 though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imran was pretty poor with the ball in the final though. Will that be held against him ?
NO, because he's there as an allrounder and he excelled in one discipline on the day. Got the job done. As Benny Elias would say, this isn't rocket surgery.